“The slowest service I have ever experienced in my life.”
Review of Burcher & Co

Burcher & Co
Ranked #55 of 124 Restaurants in Lymington
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had a booking at 20:00, arrived a 20:10, ordered by 20:20. We ordered from the British tapas menu 6 dishes between myself and my partner. Staff were initially very pleasant. Ordered Mullygrubber Semillon Chardonnay, was brought a different chardonnay (I think they were hoping we wouldn't notice). Ordered tap water but that took about half an hour to come. After an hour and 20 minutes we were obviously wondering where our food was. In all fairness to them, they did come over to apologise and offered a 25% discount and said it would be no more than two minutes later. However another 15 minutes passed and they came over to apologise again and offered 50% discount. Then another 10 minutes past and the waitress (personal hygiene should be noted here) came over and said the lamb hot pot I'd ordered had run out!!! This is 1 hour 45 minutes after I'd ordered it!!!! What a joke!!! By this point we were pretty peeved. When it arrived it was tasty enough. But most of the dishes were cold dishes so quite what took them so long I do not know. We had a look at the pudding menu but then the waitress told us that half the pudding menu was out of stock as well. Only ended up paying £24 for the wrong bottle of wine and got the food free. Will not be returning.

2  Thank Guy W

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely experience here - from the booking process to the meal itself. I rang on the afternoon that we wanted to go and was told they were full but after a chat with her manager, the person I spoke to said they would move things around to accommodate us. We're very pleased they did as the meal and the service were excellent. I love treacle tart but 9/10 times I’m disappointed - this was the best ever! Very efficient friendly service and we'll definitely return.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the relaxing inside with fairy lights & squishy sofa's. Very comfy seating. Welcoming staff. The tapas were very tasty esp the coronation chicken & the sausage roll.
Fries were hot & crispy. Lovely ambience & good to come in from the cold.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Staying at the Stanwell House for the night and we decided to eat in the hotel’s restaurant. The result far exceeded our expectations as both restaurants’ menus were on offer in Burcher & Co, meaning there was a wide choice. The “tapas” dishes were delicious and the deserts were well presented and very tasty. Will certainly give it another try next time in Lymington.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

As part of Stanwell House, you would expect Burcher and Co to be good and it is.

We have been many many times over the years and I've always loved it, when it was the Bistro. Once upon a time this was streets ahead of anything in the area and it's certainly found its place again. Although the competition has raised its game.

Really well cooked and thought through food, halibut was excellent as was the Stone bass.

My only criticism was the starter, the scallops. It was delicious but a bit mean with only 2 scallops, the sauces were delicious but not enough Scallops to go with it and really the scallops should have been the main event. But they were terrifically cooked, only needed one more, two more would have been excellent. Maybe they were running low on Scallops as we went day after Boxing Day?

Stanwell have 2 restaurants and I would say that Burcher isn't great for fish, however the sister restaurant Is good for fish and they are relaxed about you ordering off either menu. Bravo as we like Burcher and co as a restaurant but actually ordered off the other menu.

Great choice for Lymington and why not stay overnight as their breakfasts are always excellent.