“Best Greek around!”
Review of The Olive Tree Brasserie - CLOSED

The Olive Tree Brasserie
Price range: USD 10 - USD 21
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Greek and Mediterranean upmarket Restaurant and Cocktail Bar with large outdoor seating area.
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Visited the olive tree brasserie last night the food was amazing and so tasty! I highly recommend the swordfish souvlaki it’s so tender and full of flavour. The service was attentive, yet not over the top! Will definitely be returning soon!

OliveTree_29, Guest Relations Manager at The Olive Tree Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi Becky,

Many thanks for leaving a review of your visit! The souvlaki is one of my favourites too and I agree that it is full of flavour! Our Chef will be very happy you enjoyed it.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

I had spotted the restaurant online and decided to join the VIP club to take advantage of a great offer off 50% off the a la carte menu midweek.
I booked a table online as requested and visited with my husband. We shared some hummus & pitta bread and the halloumi and sausage starter which was absolutely delicious! For the main course we both had the chicken souvlaki, again, delicious. The flavours overall were amazing and we especially liked the sweet mint balsamic sauce.
Will definitely be back, thank you.

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for leaving such a great and descriptive review of your recent visit. We are so happy you were able to take advantage of last months 50% off promotion. Keep an eye out for future events and promotions that will be advertised.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Me, my boyfriend and his 86 year old Grandma decided to come for a meal here on the Sunday just gone. My experience from the start was awful. They didn't have any steak due to the supplier being "rubbish" so they "sent it back". The drinks took 20 minutes to come and our order got taken 10 mins after our drinks came. So half an hour in total to receive some drinks and have our orders taken? I ordered the beef that came in "rich tomato sauce", the sauce was full of cinnamon (which wasn't stated on the menu). I hate cinnamon so if I would of known I wouldn't of ordered the dish in the first place. I got the whole dish taken off the bill, which was very kind of them considering I hardly ate any of it. The cherry on the cake was when it came to dessert. I didn't even get asked if I wanted a dessert menu. My boyfriend and his Grandma had the set menu so they chose their desserts at the start. Their desserts got brought out and I still didn't get asked if I wanted to take a look at the menu or order one so I had to take it upon myself to ask for a dessert menu. I ordered some chocolate ice cream as I thought, how can you go wrong with ice cream? It then took 20 minutes for the ice cream to come and by this time everyone else had finished their desserts.

Overall, I won't be returning as the whole experience was a disgrace.

1  Thank Chloe M
OliveTree_29, Guest Relations Manager at The Olive Tree Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Hi Chloe,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your recent visit. Firstly I would like to apologise for the fact that we had no steak available on the menu, and the delay in your service experience. The beef dish you ordered is our Vodinó Stifádo which is made with a rich tomato sauce and a blend of aromatic spices, which cinnamon is, however it does not state that particular ingredient on the menu, we would be more than happy to remove the cinnamon should you choose to order it again when visiting.
I understand the disappointment in the service you received and for that I am truly sorry, I have discussed your visit with the General Manager to ensure service standards and staff training levels are raised to avoid an issue such as this occurring again. If you would like to discuss your visit further or if I can of any assistance in any way please don't hesitate to contact me at ceri@olivetreebrasserie.co.uk.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Lovely outside and inside but shame, did not feel Greek. Very expensive and waitress seemed friendly but put off when I asked for a certain Greek wine. Decided not to eat here, bit dark so could not read the menu fully.

1  Thank teabagqueen
OliveTree_29, Guest Relations Manager at The Olive Tree Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Hi teabagqueen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit. I have discussed your review with the staff member who served you during you visit and she advised that the wine you asked for is actually one that we only sell by the bottle and is not available by the glass which is what you requested. We are sorry you feel it was too dark to see the menu, if you had mentioned this at the time we could have advised you of popular items, or raised the lighting to enable you to see the menu more clearly.

We hope you will take the time to come and visit us again soon to enjoy the wonderful Greek food we serve with a modern twist!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Just walked around and decided to try, they were fully booked however the helpful receptionist took our number and said they would call us in case of a cancellation....sooooo glad they did we had a fab evening.. superb food, background live music and simply brilliant customer service. Would highly recommend this place xx

1  Thank MrandMrsB70
OliveTree_29, Guest Relations Manager at The Olive Tree Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Hi MrandMrsB70,

What a fantastic review! We are so pleased you were able to dine with us on such a busy evening! Our aim is to provide our guests with the ultimate dining experience and it sounds like that's exactly what the team did when you were there! Don't forget to sign up to our VIP membership to take advantage of our offers and hear about future events.

Many Thanks,