All reviews groupon deal swimming pool sauna and steam room bar meals side sea view clean hotel leisure facilities plenty of hot water decent size staff were lovely visited this hotel night break nothing too much trouble couple of nights buffet style my mum car parking
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Visited here 2 years ago and things have changed. I agree with previous reviews corridors and carpets need attention. Food at dinner was better than expected from previous reviews. Breakfast on first day was good but second day no fruit, had to wait twice for bread supplies, also lack of plates, it was chaotic. Our room was clean but peeling wallpaper and looked worn particularly the paintwork. On checking out I asked if hotel was still family owned and was informed by receptionist who did not take her eyes off the computer screen that it had been sold last year maybe this explains the difference from our last visit. We will not be returning.

Room tip: Room 92 was quiet
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank chrissyruby
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Very disappointed with this hotel. Pictures looked lovely on the internet but in reality were not as expected. Greeted on arrival by squealing children running around and dogs barking and a mediocre welcome from reception. The whole hotel was grubby and in desperate need of decorating and new carpets. Room was large and sunny but felt unclean with stained carpet and dusty furniture. Food was average. At over £300 for two nights felt definitely not value for money. Did not realise this was a family hotel and therefore we didn't have the comfortable relaxing break we were looking forward to. Other guests told us they were disappointed too and would not be returning. Pity because the location is ideal.

Room tip: No good rooms with children noisy and bouncing on beds
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This is a family run hotel. We went on a Groupon offer with dinner bed and breakfast. It was value for money. The room was a little dated but spotlessly clean. The communal areas were all good though I suppose the corridors need attention.
The staff were all very good. I asked about the gluten free options on reception and she was very accommodating. Breakfast was great. Dinner was a little disappointing but all in all a great location for all those on a budget.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alsue43
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Firstly I must state that I have not stayed at this hotel but my Elderly Mother and sister have on repeated occasions over the last 20 years.
On a recent stay they not only experienced poor quality overcooked food taken in the dining room but when they commented on it to the staff were dismissed with a shrug of the shoulders and a perfunctory comment. They were with a large family group and the experience was similar with other family members.

I telephoned the hotel to urgently speak to my mother but was told by reception staff that she was not in her room and was probably in the dining room. This happened on several occasions but when I eventually traced my sister via her mobile they were both still in their room.
They were both very disappointed and upset with the customer service and treatment that they received during their weekend stay.
I sent an email to the hotel on their behalf in complaint of this matter and received a reply stating that my email would be forwarded to the hotel General Manager - Andrea, who would reply to me in due course. Three weeks later, after sending another email to the general manager asking for her comments I have still not had the politeness of a reply.
Today I again telephoned the hotel asking to speak to Andrea and was told that she was not working today and was in Wigan. I asked when she was working again and was fobbed off with the comment " I don't know."
Surely the general manager of a hotel should be contactable and dealing with comments on customer service a priority of any decent hotel. It seems not so with The Chadwick Hotel.

Having over 40 years work experience in the Customer Service Management arena this is a very poor example of dealing with the general public especially when one's business depends on it's reputation and recommendation.

5  Thank ManchesterKdo
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I have been staying at this hotel for quite a while now and I have always had a superb stay. The rooms are spotlessly clean, with good quality linen and I have noticed the bedrooms have had new carpets laid.

I have noticed a change in the type of people who are staying recently and these are the type who seem to complain about next to nothing eg a person who ordered a coffee and 10 mins later complained it was cold ( any hot drink does reduce in temperature after 10 mins ! ) The bar staff handled this person superbly well.
The food is always tasty and well presented and the breakfast is just superb.

This hotel may be a three star but offer a five star service

• Trip type: Travelled solo