“cramped and poor quality”

Gullivers Splashzone
Ranked #39 of 66 things to do in Warrington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

my daughters birthday party. the changing rooms are poor quality and theres no enough. we were queuing to get in and queuing to get out, for the changing rooms! the entrance was rammed, doors in peoples way, nowhere to move when a wheelchair had to get passed.
once in the little uns were happy enough but us parents had poor seating, not enough of it and not sat together.
the changing rooms were rubbish. didnt feel clean, not enough cubicles and inside the cubicles not enough hooks and water was pooling not running away so dont drop a sock or a coat or pants and if you have children in there watch out for theirs.
lockers for clothes and shoes and coats and towels and childrens stuff forget it, the lockers are not big enough and therrs not enough of them.
if you think of sitting down with your bags and coats its a nightmare. its extremely cramped.
didnt feel like it was for families more like teenagers but the slides woukd not suit teenagers
the slides...the main focus...up a rickety sodden wet (wooden????) staircase to 6 slides. 1st level a few seconds of darkness a bend and done. tge 2nd level was supposed to have internal lighting but that wasnt working so a few seconds of darkness and a bend , the end. what was amazing ....nothing. get the internal lighting sorted to spruce up the slide!!!!
3 water cannons, 2 broken 1 looked like it had a leak rather than a wster cannon. the water bucket worked....wooooo steady on.
overall i was very peeved cause its difficult enough carting 4 children through entrances, changing rooms and then hoping they have a good time before carting them back through to get home... splash zone added grief to the whole event
i wouldnt reccommend for parties or day out until slide ligting is sorted, better changing facilities, better seating and better lockers

All reviews
"ball"
in 3 reviews
"fab"

Reviewed 4 April 2018

On entering I thought the kids would be bored after an hour, I took 2 x 8 year olds and 2 x 4 year old but I have to say they weren’t, they loved it and they didn’t come over to us once, the splash part looked clean. The reason for my poor review were the facilities, the changing rooms and toilets were disgusting, I complained twice which didn’t resolve the issue, the toilets were dirty, I know kids are using them wet and people are walking around with outdoor shoes on but as this is the case there shown be an attended on just constantly cleaning, especially when Big jobs in the loos were on show all over 2 out of 3 in the loos. The showers were cold, the soap dispensers need binning as if there is soap in them you can’t get it out, and there were nappies left in the changing room, all this and mucky floors can easily be resolved by competent cleaning staff, coming on splashworld, kids loved it, we absolutely love the theme park, just get your finger out and clean it up! I really did think that it would have been perfect after the refurb so was disappointed !

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Took my 9 and 6 year old and year they enjoyed it for all of an hour before they got completely bored and wanted to get out, Not really much to do and the staff don't stop any kids running they watch, to me this is a danger as it is a very slippy environment. Its a been there done that type of place wont be returning

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with my husband and three daughters, we were all going to join in but as we got there, my 10 year old didnt want to, and we didnt need to go in for my four year old, so we opted out , it was very claustrophobic and people sat around the small area watching everything, which made me uncomfortable. The changing rooms were small to, on the up side, the staff were really lovely and the food in the cafe was good to .

2  Thank Saima K