“Utterly Disappointing, Rude staff and complete disregard to the paying customer!”

Red Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 87 Restaurants in Weybridge
Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A beautiful Bar and Restaurant on the edge of Weybridge town centre. The restaurant has capacity to seat up to 100 guests. We pride ourselves on our extensive back bar and contemporary cocktail list delivered to you by highly trained bartenders, served to you by exceptional waiting staff. We look forward to welcoming you to RED, whether it be for a quick business meal, romantic mid week meal or all out party on the weekends. The perfect place to unwind with a cocktail and indulge in our easy bites menu.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After arriving at this shambolic establishment at about 10.00pm on a Thursday and going straight in due to the lack of clientele, i had decided to order 4 Gin & Tonics for my 3 friends and I (one of whom was visiting from America and i hadn't seen for quite some time).

A little time had passed by (around an hour) standing at a free table, pleasantly chatting and catching up, so I had decided to step out the front to have a cigarette (that's where the smoking area is).

I stood alone and checked my phone for emails while out there, after disposing of the cigarette butt in the correct manner and walking up to the doors of the venue; I was refused re-entry by one of the doorstaff...!

I was quite shocked, so i asked for his justification to his decision, to which he could not answer and simply responded 'its final'.

I could justify myself in every respect as to why i was questioning this, for example I was simply stood with 3 friends at an empty table trying to enjoy a couple of drinks with a little music to add atmosphere. I had not for a second caused trouble, been rude or done anything to any other person in the whole venue to action not being allowed back in.

After 10 minutes of explaining to the doorman that before I left I wanted a simple explanation as to why this is happening to me, He responded 'Manager told me not to let you in due to being rude to 2 members of staff while ordering drinks and causing trouble in the venue'. I asked to speak to the manager about this as I was quite surprised at this answer as I had only been standing with my friends and ordered 1 round of drink's the whole night.

The manager finally came, proceeded to try belittle me with her attitude and could not answer my polite, respectful and reasonable questions, but instead just explained 'you aren't coming in and that's final'.

I asked (I cannot stress enough, that I was polite and respectful the whole time) for the managers (not 100% sure if she was a manger of the venue, she was a blonde lady) name, and she told me I’m not getting it... If I was in the wrong, the lady would have been happy to give me this as she had nothing to hide.

My friends finally came out to see where I was and could not believe the situation, we all left, and will never be returning.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank KingB2739

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

After my broken birthday at Cafe Rouge and the lady with glasses I think manager there,we decided to try Red and obviously much better.I was surprised because I know Red as bar and club but the staff looks much better than next door Cafe.This is very important for me if I can feel welcome.Thank you guys and good luck

Date of visit: March 2018
Red B, Guest Relations Manager at Red Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello Katie,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Red. Your positive comments will be fed back to the team and we hope to see you again soon. Many thanks from the team at Red.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Fantastic venue for Celebrating our daughters 18th birthday with family for an afternoon buffet.
Sophie was truly helpful and gave us a fantastic afternoon .. The staff truly catered all members of the family & friends the celebrations that we required were perfect .

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We have been frequent visitors to Reds Bar in Weybridge and in the past the New Year party was quite good with a DJ and nibbles and a free glass of fizz

This New Year however was appalling there was no DJ, no nibbles, the lights were up most the night instead of ambient evening lighting, there was no atmosphere the staff were agency staff who knew nothing and it was pretty empty !!! We had a party of about 30 people for a friends birthday and to be honest if it wasn’t for our crowd the place would have been even more dismal!!
For an entrance of £25 per head that was the most expensive glass of prosecco i have ever had and would not be recommending Reds to anyone looking to book a New Year or Birthday venue !!
Very disappointing!!

Date of visit: January 2018
Red B, Guest Relations Manager at Red Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Hello Claire,

Thank you for sharing your feedback - this is something we treat with utmost importance at Red, as our customers having the best time is what we focus on, and as a business in the area for over 10 years, feedback is what keeps us improving so we do appreciate it. There was a DJ on the night who started at 9pm, and there were two agency staff on on the evening, as support to our team should we need extra staffing levels. However, regardless of this, we have taken your feedback on board. We simplified things this year, but have noted your comments and next year we aim to go back to our original New Years Eve nights of further entertainment and canapes. Regarding your feedback on a whole, it has all been taken on board and is valued. We apologize for the fact that you didn't enjoy this New Years Eve party, and as a customer who has had positive experiences with us in the past, we do hope to welcome you again to show you a more positive experience which is much more what we are known for. Many thanks for your feedback which will help us improve.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous place. ANDOR and Ash gave an outstanding service for us. Really good cocktails. We will definitely return.

Date of visit: December 2017
Red B, Guest Relations Manager at Red Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Hello Varna. Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words, all customer feedback is greatly appreciated, and we are very happy to hear that Ash and Andor gave you such a great bar experience. Your review has been passed to both of them, so on behalf of the team at Red, thank you and we hope to welcome you back again soon!