See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel was cheap - it was dated and needs a lot of refurbishment...
At the same time, the bedding and bathroom was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Not exactly luxury but somewhere to put your head down!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We should have stayed here for 2 nights but only stayed 1, my grandson was sick on his bed about 8pm and my partner went to reception to ask for fresh bedding. There was no one there only a phone number to ring, no one answered the phone so a message was left. We never got fresh bedding.
We were in the room right where the cigarette tray is on the wall so consequently other guest's were stood outside our window smoking, drinking and making lot's of noise till the early hours of the morning. The last straw was the following morning, we woke up to a room full of ants, they were on everything and my Daughter had been bitten.
The lady who cleans was very understanding when we declined to move rooms but the owner was less understanding over everything and was extremely rude. He said reception is 24hrs and the porter must have been busy so we should have kept going back across to the other building till we found him, but when there is a note saying ring this number it makes you think that it's not 24hrs so why would you go back. He also admitted they don't alway check the messages. As for the noise, he said we should have asked to change rooms (in the middle of the night, come on) but as they didn't answer the phone or listen to messages how would this happen.
The ant problem was denied at first, but then they said ant powder had been put down a couple of weeks before us going so there is obviously an ant problem. We were then told that ants don't bite so i showed them from a statement online that ants do bite.
Will never stay again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank angelabrown984
Queen V, Manager at The Queen Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

The couple child and a teenager.
They checked in and there were no complaints until the morning they decided not to stay the second night, various exaggerated problems. The hotel offered another room but they declined and wanted a full 2 night re-imburesment. The hotel received alot of verbal abuse from these customers and through the visa company the couple asked for a full refund. The hotel put up their case and the bank re-imbursed the hotel because the customers were wrong.
All hotels are continously improved and we are no different, but on occasions we have problem customers and we must deal with every eventuality.
In hot weather thee may be an ant problem but we have a contract like all hotels with pest control and we deal professionally with the matter.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Booked a room for business travels at this hotel through Booking.com. Went to the hotels own site, checked reviews and pictures. Appeared clean and basic. But what met me in it was horrific (pictures to follow). Hotel accepts no complaints, offers no refund nor apology. Various health and safety hazards, it's not safe neither for humans nor even animals. Wouldn't put my dog in it. Please do not make my mistake and think that by saving a few pounds, this basic hotel will do. That's not the case, there's nothing basic in there, no bathroom or toilet in the room, just the sink which stunk of urine. The rest is just disgraceful and to this day I do not know how this place is still allowed to be open.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Ukmerge
Reviewed 4 December 2016

I attended a School Reunion nearby and wanted something cheap and cheerful. The Queen Victoria delivered on both counts. My room (Room 26) was a good size with a double and single bed at the top of four flights of stairs.It was described as a deluxe I think because it has an en suite bathroom. However, it was clean and the bed was very comfortable - I slept well despite a certain amount of traffic noise. It is basic and quite tired, but at £49 I think offers good value. Free WiFi was a nice touch too.The staff were very friendly and helpful (calling taxis, helping with luggage, making sure my card key worked etc.) and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
JASWANT S, General Manager at The Queen Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Many thanks for your honest and very factually feedback. The quality of our customers experiences matter a great deal to us at The Queen Victoria Hotel , Wolverhampton. Our rooms are constantly getting upgraded and room 26 is a room which has been mentioned in our improvement report for this quarter.
We always welcome any further feedback thus creating a clearer brighter future.Thank you Michelle_Jane and we hope to see you again in the very near future. It is always a pleasure to be in service to such good customer(s).

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Can't complain for the price! Room was clean and bed very comfortable! Rooms spacious. Owners very welcoming! Close to town and the racecourse. Overall had a great stay in which both couples enjoyed and would stay again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple