All reviewsswimming poolleisure centrefour poster bedwindow framessauna and steam roomnational holidaysrestaurant staffcoach tripweekend breakone night staycourse mealwedding receptiontea and coffeecouldn't do enoughtown centrefaithlisa
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Nice hotel on the outskirts of Wolverhampton with a bus stop just down the road into the city. This is not a hotel that caters for the less able person as there is no lift. We were located in the business centre with less stairs but a bit of a treck through the car park. Good job it didnt rain. Nice room all clean and tidy. Buffet breakfast ok and evening meals served. No entertainment as this more a business hotel. Limited room in the lounge and the bar down a few steps was rather dark. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GMHOTELWolverhampton, General Manager at Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Katharine,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay here at the Mercure Goldthorn hotel we unfortunately don't offer entertainment for the tours
on a one night stay.
I will pass your comments onto the staff as its nice to see positive feedback so thank you for that.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I recently held my daughters 13th birthday party here. The function room (Oakland’s Suite) was perfect for our needs. Richard and his team made us all really welcome, nothing was too much trouble. The birthday card from the staff was a really nice touch too A special mention for Faith who was always on hand and whom the kids really warmed to. Buffet was great and the mocktailswent down a storm. There is a nice bar area nearby so we could be close enough to keep an eye on things but far enough away to give the kids their space. Everyone had a great time, would definitely use again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
GMHOTELWolverhampton, General Manager at Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Nici C,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your daughters birthday party here at the Goldthorn Hotel.
I will pass your comments onto Faith, I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your evening here.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I Attended a 3 day course at this hotel.
The staff was very welcoming & friendly from start to finish.

The Food & Beverage staff was very attentive and the standard of the refreshments and food was fabulous.

We even received a departing gift personally from the General Manager.

I would highly recommend this hotel for business & conference use. The Bars & Restaurant looked to be well presented.

Big Thumbs up :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Lyonlaura,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our property,We are glad that you enjoyed your course and liked the gift's we provided
our clients with.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night earlier in the month for work. Check in was ok and I was allocated a room in the business centre.

The business centre is basically a separate building at the end of the car park. It’s pretty grim. You have a key to get in the front door, then a code to enter into an internal door then another card to get into your room. It’s like a challenge.

I was on the first floor. No air con, noisy road. No shampoo, no soap, no complimentary biscuit. But it didn’t stop there. My shower ceiling was a 45 deg ceiling so you couldn’t stand up to have a shower, you had to kneel! There was no shower curtain or screen anyway!

Single beds, pillows so thin they were useless. An old TV and a very hot room incapable of being cooled

Pretty poor show for any hotel. Defo wouldn’t stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018
GMHOTELWolverhampton, General Manager at Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Carbheaven,

Thank you for your honest review of your stay here in Wolverhampton. I will be looking into your comments with my Management team regarding your issues with your room in our Business centre.

I am shocked and disappointed to read that you didn't receive the company standard shampoo,soap's.
Unfortunately we don't offer Complimentary biscuits in out rooms, But I will be looking into your comments in great detail.

please contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Good location free WiFi and good staff specialty the manager faith I.am using this for my business for 2 months and I want stay for another month and I come defiantly back to stay here again .very central location to train station and town centre

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mari V,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our property, I will pass your comments onto Faith.
Hope to see you again soon.