All reviews fried eggs good size ground floor reception staff channel tunnel overnight stop would stay again short stay good nights sleep double bed following morning plenty of parking euro tunnel en route night's sleep town centre stayed for one night
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I stayed here 3 years ago and it was a much better experience. Why after 3 years are they still refurbishg rooms etc?

I arrived an almost immediately I could smell paint/silicone. The lady on reception was pleasant enough and I specifically told her not to put me anywhere where workmen are working because the smell was giving me a headache.

She put me on the ground floor and as soon as I walked the corridors the smell of paint got worse. Right outside my room were workmen painting radio blaring so I went back to reception and asked to be moved. A bit of huffing and puffing ensued and I finally got a room on the 1st floor but with twin beds which I pushed together, anything was better than that smell.

There was a wedding party on the evening, so the hotel was pretty full with children running around everywhere.

Had a good nights sleep and ate at the harvester over the road as it was too noisy in the hotel.

The next morning I checked out and went to my car and somebody had smashed into it and drove off. I went back into the hotel and a guy came out to have a look at the damage and said don't worry we have 32 cameras around this hotel. I asked to view the CCTV footage but was told the hotel couldn't release it due to data protection act. The guy commented it was probably a wedding party guest. He said it has happened before. I'm sorry but I didn't find it funny. I asked to speak to the manager but he wasn't at the hotel.

I reported it to the police and surprise surprise the camera to that part of the carpark wasn't working. I've had to pay 1,000 pounds to fix my car. I appreciate it isn't the hotel's fault but I rang the hotel, as my husband a few times and they just didn't seem to be bothered.

I certainly wouldn't stay at this hotel again which is a shame because my previous stay was so different.

Room Tip: Eat at the Harvester over the road a fraction of the cost of the hotel
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Ruth A,
Thank you for your review following a recent stay with us, here at the Holiday Inn Ashford Central.
Whilst I am so pleased that you had a good reception and nights sleep, I am sorry that your stay was impacted by decorators in the hotel and an incident in our car park.
We completed refurbishment of our guest rooms and corridors in December and have an investment plan to maintain and improve the hotel but wherever possible we try to keep any disruption to a minimum.
Please be assured that we are concerned if your car has been involved in any incident whilst on our premises and with 150 car parking spaces any request from the relevant authorities is investigated.
I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us on a future date when we will do all we can to make your stay a positive expereince.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed with family the night before travelling to Paris on the Eurostar. Hotel is very conveniently located for getting to Eurostar and ample parking. Rooms are comfortable and standard Holiday Inn. Would recommend to avoid panic to get Eurostar on time. Good food outlets nearby also.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Miles-and-Co,
I am so pleased that you found our location, complimentary car parking and rooms met your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on a future visit.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

I booked to stay at the holiday inn at ashford central. We have previously stayed at the premier inn the past couple of years. The hotel, bar and resteraunt area all are well presented and tidy. The room itself looks really nice.
The people working at this establishment do not have the correct approach to customers though and with over 15 years experience in this industry i have a vast knowledge of how they can improve. The key is to smile and talk with your guests.
Now onto the issues....
1. Shower has no pressure. So washing is close to impossible....in certain areas.
2. We saw food sent back by 2 tables whilst in the resteraunt. Which is concerning.
3. No heating fascilities for kids food or milk. Thankfully the harvester accross the road have a milk warmer and a microwave. They also serve better breakfast at a cheaper rate. As well as lunch and evening meals and the staff are very accomodating.
They could resolve this at the hotel very easily though.
4. No lift. In this day and age thats a little silly.
5. No cool temp in room. Either hot or cold. Once again just makes the hotel look very amateurish.
6. No travel cot offered at reception on arrival.
Now to the possitives. I have stayed at the holiday inn cramlington, glasgow airport and i am sure many more and thoroughly enjoyed my experience there. So as a company there are good experiences to be had at the holiday inn. But in this case. Look into all your options in ashford and think carefully before booking.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear simo1408,

I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a review regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate your feedback. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business with us. However, we apologize we did not meet your expected stay due to the condition of the hotel facility like the room temperature, the shower, and the elevator. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. I have alerted the hotel management about your concerns so that necessary improvements will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 November 2017

This is one of our stopping off overnight places and has always been good and comfortable. However, this time was really poor indeed. Our Executive room had only been set up for one person, one pair of slippers, one robe, one water, one shower gel, one towel,one mug, one coffee, one tea, I had to go back to reception to get this all organised. They brought up additional items to keep us going. When I was unpacking our things we found used underwear items in the room, this was not acceptable and a housekeeper came and took them away. We were off early in the morning and reception apologised for the previous night. not very good at all, they did give us a free paper though to make up. Ashford Central has fallen well short of expectations.

Stayed: September 2017
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear ChristineSmith2015,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that you were not provided with a room prepared for two guests and that a previous guest's clothing was found in the room.
This lapse in Housekeeping standards is clearly unacceptable and the team will be spoken too and their operational procedures reviewed.
Please be assured that this is not the norm for our hotel and I trust you will stay on another occasion when we will present you with our normal housekeeping levels.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Four of us stayed here as we were going to a party in the area. Check in was fast and very welcoming. Rooms were a good size, nicely decorated and clean. Bathroom was spotlessly clean and equipped with towels and toiletries. We didn't eat here although the option was there, but we did use their bar area. We didn't have breakfast as we preferred to walk over the road to the Harvester. Would certainly recommend and would use the hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Wendy391,
Thank you for giving your stay with us 5 stars.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodation and the reception you received.
Possibly next time you visit you may find time to enjoy a meal in our Bybrook Tavern Restaurant.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards,