Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
USD 142
The Conningbrook Hotel(Kennington)(Great Value!)
USD 122
The Bowl Inn(Charing)
USD 106
Eastwell Manor(Boughton Lees)
USD 186
USD 180
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 210/night.

New Flying Horse(Wye)(Great Value!)
USD 133
USD 113
Downsview GuestHouse(Kennington)(Great Value!)
USD 100
USD 97
Elvey Farm(Pluckley)
USD 166
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel(Ashford)(Great Value!)
USD 88
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
USD 93
PremierInn.com
All reviewsexecutive roomfried eggsground floorgood sizewould stay againchannel tunnelgood nights sleepfollowing morningshort stayovernight stopdouble bedplenty of parkingeuro tunnelbar and restauranten routenight's sleepstayed for one night
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Looked lovely from the pictures but it was basic inside. Room smelt damp and lamp didn’t work. Didn’t have me booked in for breakfast so had to argue that point. First receptionist was sour faced but second was lovely. Breakfast nice. Had hair in my shower !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank juliem2412
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear juliem2412,
Thank you for your review.
I can confirm that the room you stayed in has just been refurbished as have all other bedrooms.
We have just appointed a new Reception Manager and he will take your comments on board as he revisits the team qualities, as it is our goal to always give our guests a smile at the desk.
I am pleased that breakfast was enjoyable once you were able to be located in their booking log.
I sincerely hope you will stay again at which time all will be done to make your stay a positive one.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I decided to book this fairly last minute to avoid the morning Eurotunnel traffic.

The hotel is conveniently located and the surroundings seemed peaceful. We all got a comfy night stay in a clean room. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The parking bays could be a little wider to accommodate 2/3 door cars with long doors.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Pritesh G,
Thank you for your 4 star review.
I am pleased to know that you found our location so convenient for quick access to Eurotunnel and that the hotel was relaxing.
Your kind comments about your room and the staff that looked after you is very much appreciated.
We do have some parking areas at the side of the hotel which may suit you needs better and we would be happy to direct you to them on another visit.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
General manager

Reviewed 18 October 2017

My husband an I stayed whilst he renovated a property , on arrival reception unmanned therefore had to go and ring a bell a few times for someone to emerge from the back room( next to reception )

We informed reception staff that I am unwell and receiving treatment ( losing hair etc and tired)

The only reason I accompanied him was to get a break , on check in our room was upstairs so we got asked if we'd like to swap for a ground floor one , given one right next to reception .

My husband checked I was ok and returned to work ( early evening) the doors lock on this property around 11.30 the night receptionist (S) didn't answer the bell and people were pressing it up to five times to get her to come out of back office to open the door, I was in tears as it sounded as if it was actually ringing in our room.

The receptionist was totally miserable , I had to ask to swap rooms at 12.30 am (but no , no apology either) then out at 2.30 again in tears at reception the bell was still ringing at just before 6am ( by then I just sat in the bar area drinking a coffee and crying)

I saw the manager Sebastian in tears as he had just come in , he was very good ( I was still in tears) he organised an early room swap with 20 pounds off the room( bit insulting after talking to his GM) and a complimentary drink (1) in the evening.

I got totally rescued by Emily house keeping supervisor who went over and above the call of duty to make sure I felt ok , she did the room herself sat me down whilst she did it , offered to get my luggage , went and got keys etc to save me walking and made sure we had everything we needed, if it hadn't been for her we would have left !!!

One the second evening I asked the manager if I could get a blanket ( I'm feeling the cold) he said sure no problem ask the receptionist, so left it until bedtime and had another encounter with the same night receptionist her response when I politely asked was verbatim "we don't do blankets" no " oh sorry I'll find you a quilt or anything" .

I explained the Manager had said it was ok and got the exact same response !

I therefore had to use towels on the bed !

On checkout the receptionist told my husband she didn't know about the refund so she couldn't do but would do later when manager came in , but no it didn't go in .

Bar staff lovely also :)

Room Tip: Away from reception you can even hear talking on reception if you're too close
Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MrandMrsG271
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Hello MrandMrsG271,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am happy to learn that you found one of our housekeeping staff commendable. It is always hugely motivating on our end to receive positive feedback from our valued guests like you.

On the other hand, it is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the level of service you received. On behalf of the hotel, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you have faced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Clean rooms with good Wi-Fi
Remember to book breakfast on arrival - and for your stay as it is considerably cheaper that way. Ask for a quiet room as they have various functions going on that can last until late.
The breakfast voucher obtained at check in gives you a full choice of buffet cereals, cheeses and meats, juice, breads etc. Coffee or tea to order. If you want an egg cooked a different way - or something not seen, just ask, the staff are very helpful.
The breakfast room is high ceilinged and seems to be an old barn conversion. Dinner is also served here.
The hotel is on a very regular bus route to the International station, the town centre, hospital and various parts of Ashford. There are buses to Faversham and Canterbury. The desk will order you a taxi.
Large car park lit at night.
The bar has stools and table seating in an old part of the establishment. Wide range of wines beers and spirits. The bar staff are variable and need further training in hospitality in certain instances.
Beware the "do not disturb" sign for the door. One side is printed with the usual message - slumbering etc. printed on a white background. The other side is plain green. In this hotel plain green does not mean "go ahead, enter" as internationally known. Here that means 'do not disturb' as well.
I ate in the restaurant. Good food - Wine is expensive.

Room Tip: One away from party noise
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear tankerton1944,
Thank you so much for your 4 star review.
I am so pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay here.
Your constructive feedback is invaluable to ourselves and our future guests.
Following your comments we will be reviewing our "do not disturb" signs with our supplier.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We stayed here for 1 night on 2nd September. We had a room for 3 adults. The room was a good size and both the room and the bathroom were clean. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom which was in good working order. The double bed and the sofa bed were comfortable, as were the pillows. There was WiFi in the room but I did not use it, so cannot comment about the WiFi speed. We had dinner in the hotel’s restaurant. The food was basic (and the fish and chips were very greasy which caused discomfort to my husband and fathe overnight. The food was also very over-priced. We had breakfast the next morning. There was a good selection of breakfast items - cereals, juices, meats, cheeses, eggs, bacon, sausages, coff and tea. Service at dinner was slow, for which the restaurant manager apologised - there were some large groups in the hotel that night. Service at breakfast was fine.

There was ample free parking at the hotel.

My only other gripe was the fact that some guests were up early the next morning (leaving their rooms at about 06.00hrs) and they thought it was OK to wake up everybody else, which did not impress us!!

This hotel is OK for a one night stay, but I would not advise using the dining room for dinner. However, it is very conveniently located not far from the Channel, so I would probably use it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear GloucesterKdc,
Thank you for your review of a recent visit to our hotel.
I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your bedroom and housekeeping but disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your dinner, in part due to the group that were also eating, slowing our service to you.
Whilst breakfast was good, I am sorry that you were woken by inconsiderate guests which is often difficult to prevent although we do try where possible.
Our location is ideally suitable being at the gateway to Europe and I am delighted that you would wish to stay again and which time we will do all we can to make your stay an enjoyable one.