“Excellent”

The Whistling Kettle Cafe
Ranked #58 of 205 Restaurants in Banbury
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Great place for cake and tea. Reasonable prices to .Cakes were excellent. The rest of the food looked really good when it was served to waiting customers. Staff were really friendly and polite.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We really enjoyed our visit today. Nice setting and collection of tea pots! The serving staff were very friendly and service was speedy. Good choice of seating arrangements and opportunities to watch the bustle of Banbury. Super coffee which is not always the case in a place which promotes tea but we certainly enjoyed. Nice range of toasties and I would recommend the cheese and pickle! It is nice to find somewhere a little different and not a chain. Would certainly recommend.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Took my 8yr old grandaughter to town to let her choose her present after we went to the whistling kettle for a drink and a cake i had ask previously if they could put balloon on table this they had done it was really nice i had a toasted sandwich and my grandaughter had a massive piece of cake it is just a cafe no cooked meals maybe soup or toasted sandwiches good selrction of sanwiches and baggettes hot and cold drinks my grandaughter had a milkshake it was just choc milk not the frothy ones but she enjoyed it and cake and shake soon disappeared there is a paying car park just in the market opposite cafe so if you are in banbury and you want a quick bite in a nice friendly atmosphere with very helpful staff give it a try prices are same as other cafes in the area it is not a big place but food is good and made to order thank you from my grandaughter she was thrilled when she saw balloon and said nan ive had a lovely morning and this has just finished it off it was really good i think praise in itself from an 8 year old good enough for me anyway

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I have taken a gentleman in a wheelchair to this cafe a couple of times in my capacity as a support worker.
Yesterday's visit was as nice as the first time we went.
Nice drinks, a good variety of cake and other savouries.
The staff are very nice - and on both occasions, they have carried our tray to the table, to enable me to push the wheelchair - despite being busy!
The cafe is set in Banbury's beautiful Market Square, surrounded by some wonderful old and historic buildings, which make me so proud to live in the town.
There are tables outside, as well as in.
They are right opposite Druckers, but easily 'hold their own'!
Will keep going back.

1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I have never been moved to write a review before and do not do Facebook or any other kind of social media. However, today (30th June 2017) that changed. My wife and I had 'lunch' at the Whistling Kettle in Banbury. The Earl Grey Tea was ok - what can go wrong? But the sweet chilli chicken 'baguettes' were a travesty. Firstly it was not a baguette- it was merely a soft, cheap hotdog roll. This was filled with lumps of chicken squirted with sweet chilli sauce - no greenery, tomato,pepper or anything else to make it attractive- not even butter. I cannot understand the other reviews if this is what they serve up. I would have complained in person had there been anyone at the counter. There will be no re-visit.

3  Thank buzza-aira