“My favourite pub”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I have visited this pub several times,I try others but always go back here.
The service and food are the best...I love the decor,it’s classy,warm and cosy
Would recommend highly

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My partner surprised me with lunch and it was really nice. The staff were very good and was nice not to be hurried to our table but instead offered to drink in the bar before sitting down. We had salmon and the belly of pork which both came out in good time seeing as though all was fresh. Food was delicious my salmon was well worth the price so overall fantastic lunch. Thank u

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We have visited the Duck on the Pond on a number of occasions, the food and service is always exemplary. Today's Sunday lunch, however, was particularly good.
I had the beef and and my husband had the chicken. Both were moist and beautiful cooked. The veg, including the cabbage, well cooked, but importantly, not overcooked. Which as we know would be so easy to do, especially when the restaurant is busy as it was today.
Great food and service... keep it up.

Apparently they do home made mulled wine which I am definitely going back to taste. Looking forward to that for sure!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

A really warm welcome awaits you, the staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The food was delicious, the lamb shank just melted in your mouth, the belly pork and roast beef outstanding, served with Yorkshire puddings like my Nan used to make. The portions are extremely generous leaving no room sadly for dessert. I can truly say this is the best place to eat in the Banbury area for delicious honest food. If you are in the area I strongly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped off for dinner on way home to London from Stratford upon Avon. Great find. Fantastic meal for all and very friendly. Recommended!

1  Thank Lepps_in_Stanmore