“Lovely stay”

Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We have just returned from our sixth stay at this lovely hotel. The staff are very friendly and it has an excellent restaurant. Will be returning in the near future. There are plenty of National Trust properties to visit in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms 26 or 30 have both catered well for our needs
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann355
Gill S, Owner at Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

We are so fortunate with our location, the list of things to do in the area is forever expanding. This just makes for the perfect excuse to come back for your seventh stay!

Best wishes,
Emma

Reviewed 17 September 2017

All the staff were really attentive, carried my bag to my room. Room was lovely spacious, apple and orange, fruit juice, sparkly water. The bed was really comfortable The food in the restaurant was absolutely divine, delicious and really cheap considering the quality and taste. Looking forward to staying there again. Its going to be my hotel of choice when working in Banbury.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2017

The hotel is ideally situated in the small village of Wroxton. It has ample parking at the side and rear of the hotel, and adequate front gardens. I am disabled and had requested a ground floor room and had stated that I have problems with stairs, and upon check in was told we have allocated you room 20 but you will have to move to another ground floor room after the first day. We thought that this was inconvenient but the receptionist assured us they would carry our luggage to the new room and it would cause minimum fuss, so we agreed. Room 20 was perfect as it was down a long corridor, was very quiet, and gave us access to the rear fire door which we were told we could use to get to the car park. It also had a walk in shower, and was of a good size. The next day we went out and came back to be told our new room was Number 24 so we got the keys and went in. We both were immediately unhappy with the new room. It was smaller in size, and quite dark. so we drew back the curtains and opened the windows only to find three staff members from the kitchen stood outside, smoking and talking. From where I was sat, they could see me and I could see them which I felt really encroached on our privacy. As I have stated previously I cannot do stairs but when I went into the bathroom I found that to have a shower I had to climb over the side of the bath which for me was impossible. Totally dissatisfied I went to reception and complained only to be told that there were no more rooms as the hotel was full. I made my displeasure known and soon after received a knock on my door to find one of the management team called Stuart standing there. He asked to come in and spent some time trying to resolve our problem but in truth was hindered by the fact that there was no other room to offer me. I pointed out that upon arrival it was clear to anyone with the tiniest bit of common sense that I had limited mobility and allocating us a new room without a walk in shower was pretty stupid, however he basically said it was my fault because we had only said I could not do stairs, and had made no mention of my other movement restrictions when booking. That evening as we were now next to the main function room we were kept awake until gone 1am with the noise of music, and guests partying. One of them even fell into our door at about 12.30am. The following day I noticed that Stuart was conspicuous by his absence, as I was hoping he would ask me how we slept in the room that he had promised would be quiet after 12 midnight. Anyway to summarize this is a nice hotel, with pleasant staff, and good food, but just make certain that if there is any sort of party being held in the function room that you do not get room 24. This room allocation really ruined our long weekend away, and I cannot understand it was not given to one of the guests that were attending the function room party in the first place ! Hardly rocket science is it !!

Room Tip: DO NOT HAVE A ROOM anywhere near the function room !.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank geronimo1049
Gill S, Owner at Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Geronimo
Thank you for leaving a review and giving me an opportunity to clarify the situation for other members of the Tripadvisor community. Your original reservation was for 2 nights arriving on a Saturday. You then called on the Thursday to move your arrival to the Friday, adding an extra night. As you said, when you arrived we could see that you had limited mobility and whilst we had originally allocated you a room in the original part of the house, at the opposite end of the hotel to the music on Saturday, because as you quite rightly pointed out, 'it isn't rocket science'. You preferred a ground floor room all of which are in the new wing and whilst we could offer you a room with a walk in shower it was only available your first night and that you would have to move for the last two nights. This you agreed to, I'm therefore, really disappointed that you didn't feel that we made every effort to accommodate you when we became aware, upon arrival, of your mobility issues. I would stress the importance of discussing all mobility limitations or dietary requirements when booking to give us the opportunity to make all the necessary arrangements to ensure you have an enjoyable stay.
Regards, Gill Smith

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Fantastic Sunday lunch for 16 people with a variety of choices including 3 children all served hot and together by excellent staff
We were offered a room to ourselves to enable cake decorations etc to be put in place
Would definately recommend for similar party/lunch
Can't wait to return

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for a lovely review and delighted you enjoyed your recent Sunday lunch....my favourite meal of the week. Regards, Gill

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Best Western Wroxton House Hotel for three nights. Every aspect of our stay was outstanding. The receptionist was very welcoming and assisted with our luggage. She also did some research on local attractions for us.
The ambience of the bar and reception area was tasteful and relaxing. Staff were attentive but unobtrusive - just the way it should be!
The dining experience was superb. The meals were cooked to perfection. My partner's chicken marinated in Speckled Hen Ale was the best he had ever eaten!! Food allergies were well catered for. Wine list, whilst not extensive, had an interesting selection of international wines.
Breakfast was also delicious and well presented.
This hotel is worth experiencing. Whilst we could not frequently visit due to distance, we would highly recommend it and will certainly stay if we are in England again.
Congratulations to all staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne M

What lovely comments, I'll ensure the team gets to see your review as it's always a boost to know they are getting it right.
Best wishes, Gill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbury
3.9 km away
36.2 km away
Old Parsonage Hotel
Old Parsonage Hotel
#2 of 45 in Oxford

Been to Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel? Share your experiences!