“Birthday spa day”

Bannatyne's Health Club & Spa - Banbury
Ranked #1 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Banbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Bannatyne spa at the Banbury Health Club has a clear emphasis on offering wellbeing, relaxation and Elemis treatments under one roof. The new Spa facilities boast a sumptuous relaxation room, including mosaic tiled heated loungers, four single state of the art treatment rooms , dual treatment room and a specialist manicure area.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Day was ok, treatment time was cut by 20 minutes, we had 4 x treatments, 70 minutes treatment time only got 50.. myself and my friend are therapists (18 years between us both) for a nearby spa, so we know how it works.. you cut our time. Treatments were ok, not worth paying the extra £8 upgrade for a Elemis facial, every treatment is based on a upgrade fee by the way. Massage- we were not asked what pressure we would like at all, apparently we were told by staff if you want it firmer pay for a upgrade. Foot massage lasted 5 minutes (should have been 15) and was done during our facial. Bamboo leg massage also 5 minutes max ( should have been 15) relax room is really nice, pool and facilities are great. £20 for robes, flip flops and a towel in a bag- you get £14 back when you return it, my towel had a hole in it! Only 2 ladies loo’s, one was broke. The place is clean and looked after. Afternoon tea was included, the young lad serving was ace, he was rushed off his feet, think you need extra staff?? The afternoon tea it self was horrid, Brie and a turkey /cranberry hard sandwich, with some tiny cakes. And the scone was microwaved and odd eaten hot. The place has a lot of traffic, very leisure based. But the spa was nice as soon as you walked through. The rooms were nice & clean too. Looks deceiving from outside,but inside is a different picture. Was easy to find too. We did enjoyed the day, but I just expected a little more from the treatment side.

All reviews
"relaxing experience"
in 7 reviews
"full body massage"
in 7 reviews
"neck and shoulder massage"
"heated beds"
"good size"
"swedish massage"
"quiet area"

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a spa day through groupon for my mums birthday. I had researched before hand and thought this was a great of choice. It was not.
Upon arrival we realised it was like a council run leisure centre!
The cafe is plonked In the middle of reception so no privacy or relaxation.
The spa was pleasant and the relaxation room was lovely. It was however very busy so we could not always get a hot couch.
Our facial and massage were very nice. The staff in the spa were great.
The changing rooms were ok but the toilets were horrible. Grimy and old as were the shower cubicles.
The pool area was dank and grimy with a couple of chairs around it.
You had to pay for a dressing gown and towel. My towel was thread bare. This is not what I would expect from a spa.
We left after 2 hours and the receptionist did not ask us about our experience.
I would not recommend here and will not be returning. Total waste of money.

1  Thank sammie18
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Myself and my fiance visited here for a spa day of which I had purchased a voucher online.
We were greeted at reception and the staff seemed very friendly, massages were lovely, we were in the same room having our massages together.
A few things I did notice from having experienced other spa's before. We weren't asked once if the pressure was okay during our massages and after the massages we weren't spoken to about any issues we had (I had a lot of knots that were released) and weren't told health and safety information such as drinking a lot of water after etc.

I have had a massage with yourselves before in the past and this was all explained to us then as well as being told this at other spa's. I found the pressure fine but my partner did say that it was possibly a little harsh on him but wasn't asked if this was okay during the massage at all.

We had food at the cafe which was very yummy.
Overall a very pleasant day out here just a few things I questioned but wouldn't put me off going again.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I received this as a 40th Birthday present last June so I was looking forward to using it. As others have stated it's more like a sports centre than a spa. The spa is the nicest part but the cafe and pool area are very dated and very dark. The cafe staff were friendly but found reception staff unfriendly and a bit miserable. The spa treatments were only taster sessions where as we were led to believe they were half hour each not 25 mins in total for both treatments. Spa staff were friendly but did not introduce themselves or refer to any paperwork we had filled in at reception about any ailments. All in all an okay day but I wouldn't buy this package for this spa by choice.

1  Thank Cuddles77