“Mexican Treat!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Great little restaurant in Buxton town centre, very good portion size of every popular Mexican dish. Staff are happy to assist, and yes you can decide if you want mild, hot or Napalm!

The chilli beef I thought was excellent, in my case served with soft tacos, guacamole, sour cream , cheese and tomato.
Service is very good, and menu also includes a large selection of burgers, pizzas etc for those that prefer alternatives- but seriously- go Mexican, you won’t regret it. Prices are also excellent typically £12 to £15.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I visited here with my husband. We both ordered cocktails which were really good. We had the onion rings to start which were fine. I had the chilli con carne which was delicious, proper chunks of beef and spiced perfectly (they ask how you want it done, which I thought was a nice touch.) My husband ordered fajitas, (there was a mix up with these which was quickly sorted by staff - although no apology given) and whilst he did enjoy them, they weren’t as spicy as he would have liked - he asked for them hot. We both had dessert which were ok. I asked for a drink that never arrived and we sat waiting for half an hour for someone to come and ask if we wanted anything else/the bill. We gave up in the end and my husband went to the bar and paid.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Nice friendly staff. Food plentiful and tasty. Staff could have been more attentive. Good beer and reasonable price.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

After a day out in Derbyshire, we decided to call in at Buxton for something to eat. Not sure what to expect, we ambled round looking for somewhere that caught our eye.

How fortunate for us it turned out to be, as we turned the corner and bumped into Lone Star. A fabulous restaurant, and just what we fancied.

Nice warm welcome, very friendly staff, and a first class, excellent meal. Well priced too, so all in all first class.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Fun restaurant with a Mexican theme. Having said that a good choice of North American food as well, burgers etc. Nicely presented and of good quality.
Place seemed popular as a pre theatre place as it is close by.
Very good service.