All reviewsqueens headthe pubsky tvpublic houseseparate buildingmodern accommodationthe small car parkhuge showerlocal populationgreat roomsecure parkinggreat selection of drinksdidn't hear a thingmajor attractionstriple roomtea and coffeegreat accommodation
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed last Sat night as my wife and I were at a wedding in the town.
Arrived early as we had to get changed for the day ahead. We arrived before check in time and an alternative room was made available. Wonderful touch - thank you.
They even called us a taxi.
Returned from the wedding and was pleasantly surprised to fund there was a great band playing. Stayed downstairs for a couple of drinks and enjoy the atmosphere.
Breakfast good, all in all a very good experience, friendly, well organised,clean and great fun. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sellis44
Walkerman75, Owner at The Queen's Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your stay. I'm glad you had a lovely weekend at the wedding and that we were able to assist you as much as possible.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Very welcoming and accommodating staff. Good room. Friday night and a band were playing in the pub but from our room could not hear a thing.very good breakfast. I would certainly recommend the Queens Head.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank IBK913
Walkerman75, Owner at The Queen's Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The Queens Head took a last minute booking @5pm on the night we wanted to stay. The greeting on arrival was very friendly and we were shown where to park in the tiny car park. The room, on the ground floor of the new bit was clean, comfortable and well equipped. I was a bit worried about the noise from the pub but didn't hear a thing even though there was a band playing across the yard. Breakfast was lovely, veggie breakfast available as well as full english, cereals and toast. Its location is ideal for the centre of buxton, minutes from pubs and restaurants.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bexj
Walkerman75, Owner at The Queen's Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you very much for leaving such a lovely review of your stay. I'm so pleased we could accommodate your last minute trip and that everything ran smoothly. I hope you return in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Stayed here recently with a group of friends. Hotel is in the courtyard at the back of the pub, so is separate.

Friendly staff, modern accommodation (especially in barn conversion rooms), excellent location, quiet and attached to a 'proper' pub that opens until late and serves great real ales. Breakfast was fantastic.

Whether you're a group or couple I'd recommend staying here.

Car park is tight, but they organise this really well.

In summary they provide excellent service and are totally on top of everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the recently converted barn as rooms are better.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully we will see you all again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This is the third time I've stayed at the Queen's and I really cannot fault it. The staff are super friendly, especially Ian the landlord - nothing is too much trouble. The rooms have recently been done up and I was really pleased about the air con given how hot it was when we arrived. We had a great night's sleep and weren't bothered by any noise from the pub.

The breakfast was very generous and I was pleased they were able to cater for my boyfriend's special requirements. The pub also has a great selection of drinks - they know how to pull a pint. And there is a great selection of bands on.

Location wise the pub is great - within walking distance of everything in Buxton including the opera house and spa.

Definitely check this out if your looking for somewhere reasonably priced, quiet, clean and friendly to stay in Buxton. Also nice to support a family business

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy S

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments are very kind and myself and all the staff are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We all hope to welcome you back in the future.