All reviewsqueens headthe pubsky tvpublic houseseparate buildingmodern accommodationthe small car parkhuge showerlocal populationgreat roomsecure parkingdidn't hear a thingmajor attractionsgreat selection of drinkstriple roomtea and coffeegreat accommodation
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This is the third time I've stayed at the Queen's and I really cannot fault it. The staff are super friendly, especially Ian the landlord - nothing is too much trouble. The rooms have recently been done up and I was really pleased about the air con given how hot it was when we arrived. We had a great night's sleep and weren't bothered by any noise from the pub.

The breakfast was very generous and I was pleased they were able to cater for my boyfriend's special requirements. The pub also has a great selection of drinks - they know how to pull a pint. And there is a great selection of bands on.

Location wise the pub is great - within walking distance of everything in Buxton including the opera house and spa.

Definitely check this out if your looking for somewhere reasonably priced, quiet, clean and friendly to stay in Buxton. Also nice to support a family business

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy S
Walkerman75, Owner at The Queen's Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments are very kind and myself and all the staff are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We arranged for a team of Morris dancers from Somerset to visit for a tour and we were not disappointed. The staff were most welcoming and the rooms were stunning. Roomy, clean, well stocked and very comfortable. Our friends were blown away. Thank you all so much.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LynS305
Walkerman75, Owner at The Queen's Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so pleased that you had such a fantastic time. The staff thoroughly enjoyed having you here and would love to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

At first I thought how nice to have a room on the courtyard rather than in the pub building. Well, no. You can hear the thumping "music" as if you were next door, which, indeed, you are. I think it stopped around one in the morning - not great for my concentration at the very demanding meeting the next day. I also felt quite uncomfortable with the window that opened straight on to the street (it's ground floor) and the door that effectively did the same. There were no staff, so far as I knew, in the building overnight and, as a woman on my own, I did not feel safe. I'm not a nervous traveller.
The room was comfortable enough and breakfast was OK (apart from the beans having come straight from the tin without passing through any source of heat) but I felt that at £85 for the night the place was hugely over-priced.

Room Tip: Go for a room upstairs looking on to the street if there is one – it might be quieter and feel safer.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kate M
Walkerman75, Owner at The Queen's Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that you felt unsafe during your stay. The building is occupied and there are three points of contact in the bedroom that you could have used to contact staff at any point. If you had let us know about your concerns, we would also have happily have moved you to an alternative room.

You mentioned also 'thumping music' going on until 1am. To clarify, our music finished an hour before then so the noise you heard must have been either a Fringe event from the Festival or from another source. I can only apologise that this disturbed you.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Lovely clean comfortable modern rooms in the pubs court yard. Good location within walking distance of local restaurants and good base for sight seeing in the surrounding areas. Very friendly landlord who let us park our motorbike in his garage.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suepike31

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay. The pub is in a good location to visit all of Buxton's tourist attractions and I'm pleased you were able to take full advantage of this.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

With my bro we went into the pub to watch the Lions game .
It was packed . Coffee then beers and a bacon buttie.
Friendly staff good food , drinks and loads of good televisions screens to watch .
Steve B

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Walkerman75, Owner at The Queen's Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for your review Steve. I'm delighted that you and your brother enjoyed yourselves watching the rugby. We hope to see you again soon.