“Revisit and pleasant surprise after 15 years!”
Review of Flamenco Tapas Bar

Flamenco Tapas Bar
Ranked #44 of 117 Restaurants in Buxton
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 January 2017

I have just returned from a relaxing evening at the Flamenco Tapas Restaurant in Buxton. The table was booked for 4 persons at 7.30 pm. We had not been to the restaurant in around 15 years as we weren't that impressed first time, but ... the friendly welcome, attentive service and really excellent, tasty food was a real surprise.
We will definitely be returning to try some of the many other dishes on the menu.
Each of the 7 sharing dishes was distinct and with authentic flavours and we all thoroughly enjoyed them. Including wine the meal was around £18 per person. We were not hurried and spent just under 3 hours in pleasant surroundings.

1  Thank CavendishGC

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Depends what you are expecting. Tapas never was meant to be haute cuisine. It is wholesome quality bistro food meant for sharing. We've visited this many times over the years and never been disappointed. It's in our 2-hour round trip group of restaurants. Not expensive but anything that involves 2 hours travel has got to be good.

1  Thank Andrew N
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

My guess is frozen packet food. Reasonable service and the venue is pleasant and well located. The place has potential if only they served edible food! The price is not cheap and I do not expect to be served frozen food that is still cold in the centre. A disappointing experience.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Wow, wow, wow where do I start. After travelling 3+ hours I was certainly not disappointed. The staff were extremely attentive and nothing was a trouble at all. Now the food, OMG I cannot compliment the chef enough. We had almost every meat and seafood option on the menu. Every dish was bursting with flavour, perfectly cooked and by far beats any restaurant I have ever visited. The quality and taste of each dish most definitely exceeded my expectations. Now I know there are Tapas in most cities, however Flamencos was highly recommended to us visiting Buxton and I completely agree, as my friends advised, " it is not to be missed". I will go out of my way to visit here again when passing through or staying in the future.

1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 27 November 2016

We had traveled from Worcester and ate at this restaurant. Two drinks and six tapas dishes. Three Spanish meatballs, five pieces of cooked chicken in a cream sauce, garlic bread and two other prawn and aubergine based dishes. £40 disappointed diners.

Only two people other than us dining.