All reviews kids club limerick junction driving range steak wedding venue from start to finish wedding coordinator self catering bride and groom function room following morning leisure centre staff were lovely stayed here for one night food was lovely saturday night couldn't do enough
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here Friday the 19th for two nights having 2 kids we don't away much arrived at 740 on the Friday night after travelling 2 hours from athlone to get here . Checked in at reception asked what time the bar food finished was informed last orders 845 had a quick shower and went straight down went to straight to the bar ordered a drink and asked to see the menu to be informed food had finished because kitchen was busy with a wedding?? After an argument with the manager I presume I got to order food but I was told you better be quick with your dession time was 820 . Food was nice but looked like it was just throwing on the plate . Went back to the room after paying for a bottle of champagne when I booked the room we still haven't got it . Next morning breakfast was nice . My wife went for her spa I went to the bar 1220 to watch the match to be told no drink is been served had a coke went to the bar again at 1 o clock to order a drink to be told bar not open look I'm not one for complaining but a couple with too young kids get away for a weekend and it's ruined because of lack of management is hard thing to swallow worst 194 euro I ever spent ps our cards wouldn't work on the Saturday for the room because reception told me I only payed for 1 night when I actually payed for 2 and had to argue and show my booking reference to reception to reactivate our card

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wayne s
Reviewed 9 October 2018

About 40 of family meet in Tipperary We were extremely well looked after by the team in the GN Ballykisteen Hotel.Check in was friendly and very efficient. Rooms of good quality. A lovely group meal and a very patient barman late into the night.
For golfers the course was in splendid condition with spectacular greens..
WELL DONE

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Just recently my daughter & partner married and had their reception in the Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel. I have to say the place is absolutely beautiful inside & outside. The staff could not do enough to accommodate my whole family. Marianne who was the wedding coordinator arranged everything to make my family and friends as comfortable as possible while we stayed. The manager Dick was so kind & helpful anytime we needed help. Our party had the whole hotel booked out overnight. Each and everyone sang the hotel and staffs praises. The food was divine at all times including meal for the wedding party! Everthing flowed beautifully all day long. I cannot thank Marian, Dick & staff enough - I would definitely recommend everyone to visit the place & if your about to get married this hotel is a must! Thank you again

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We stayed here for one night in the guest lodge and all i can say is wow..When we arrived we were informed that there was a late checkout where we were booked into due to a wedding the previous day, so we decided to have some lunch while we waited..The reseraunt/bar was lovely with beautiful views, very comfortable and the food was amazing..when we got to out Lodge we were blown away, It was spotlessly clean and just beautiful..3 ensuite double rooms, a fully stocked kitchen and sitting room. plenty of room for storage and such...beautiful views of the golf course and the race track accross the road. to top it all of, when we were leaving the following morning, we had to catch an early train but could not get a taxi, the lovely lady at the desk ,contacted her manager and he kindly offered us a lift. The girl who works there on sunday mornings, beautiful girl with blonde hair, she was so good and professional and went above and beyond to help us, over all our stay was fantastic and its a no brainer to say that we will deffo be back..we loved it...well done to all the staff especially the lady on sunday morning...

Room tip: we stayed in lodge number 311 and it was beautiful
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel on the couple's midweek deal. We had arranged to meet the wedding co ordinator while there but when we arrived she was out sick and they hadn't been expecting us, the lady that filled in was nice but couldn't answer any questions. It's been 10 days and we haven't heard back as we were promised. Wouldn't put your mind at ease to trust them with a wedding day.

Reception staff were pleasant but I had to ask about the included welcome cocktails and food as he didn't mention them after giving us our room cards. Food in the bar was nice and bar staff were excellent when serving us.

We had breakfast in bed the next morning and it arrived in time and was nice. I hadn't slept well due to traffic outside and decided to go to bed for an hour before we had to check out at 12. I put the Do Not Disturb sign up at 10.20am and at 10.50am we were woken by accommodation staff standing at the door. I was very very annoyed and just pointed at the sign that they had completely ignored. It sounds a bit irrational but when you are pregnant and tired it gets to you! And it's basic Hotel Etiquette!

Rooms were really lovely and spacious.

Having visited as we had good memories from a previous visit, I wouldn't be inclined to return any time soon with the service we seen for a 4 star Hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DickW258, Manager at Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hi Amie,

I'm really sorry to hear that you did not feel we delivered on your expectations, our Wedding Co-Ordinator's leave was not planned and did mix up our week in terms of operation. This was covered at the best of our ability, as she has only returned it is taking us a little longer than expected and we apologise for that, this should not impede on your experience. I glad to hear you enjoyed your food and service and that the rooms were up to your standards. I will be addressing Accommodation in relation to your disturbance and again all I can do is offer you apologies. I would be delighted to discuss this further with you if you would like to get in contact with me next week.

Regards