I had really high expectations about this hotel. I stayed two times in less than a month was disappointed in both occasions.The first time I stayed in the main building, room was small but OK, nothing special. My main complaint is the bed, I guess the hotel hasn't change the bed since the hotel was opened...very uncomfortable, springs were making noise "jumping" even thought you were still, very bad sleep guranteed!!...terrible for a hotel of this category.
The second time I stayed at the annex building, different style of rooms. Room was spacious, decor was country style. Lightning on the room was really poor and I had to go to the main hotel lobby to do some work as I was unable to read anything on my room. Also, the shower tap was broken and only hot water (and I mean really hot water) was coming out of the shower.
Having said that the country surroundings are spectacular, but I'm not sure I'll pay the premium for a mediocre room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunkeld House is set in its own secluded 280-acre woodland estate, on the banks of the River Tay in the beautiful Perthshire countryside. There lots to do both within the resort and the local area, making this a memorable getaway whether you are visiting for business or pleasure. The newly refurbished hotel has 98 guest rooms, Health Club with 17m indoor pool and spa. On the Estate, try your hand at clay pigeon shooting, quadbking or just enjoy one of the many tranquil woodland walks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dunkeld House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dunkeld Perthshire Hotel Dunkeld
- Hilton Dunkeld Hotel
- Dunkeld House Hotel Scotland