Review Highlights
Weird. .. Very strange place with no appeal.

Reviewed 30 June 2017
227dimad
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Okay for an afternoon pint, may not want to stick around late

Reviewed 27 May 2017
CFEIII
Austin, Texas

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Paid £12 for a medium white wine and a pint of Doombar. I think he looks at you and makes up the price. Never again. It wasn't even a decent pub.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Smallish carpeted bar with 10ft long bar at the top. Orange walls. Seriously? No atmosphere. Mixed style furniture. Dump air as it's right by the water side. Nice bar staff. Few outside tables. Cheaper prices than elsewhere locally.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017

My hotel is right next to Gillespies, After stashing my pack, I stopped here for a quick pint. The day was sunny and I drank it outside where they have picnic tables and a nearby wall that folks sit on while smoking and drinking. This was the start of my pub crawl and after my pint, I wandered away...About 4 hours later, as I was heading back to the hotel, I came back by the pub. The atmosphere had deteriorated and the crowd seemed louder and more unruly than I wanted to be with, so I crossed the street and passed on by.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank CFEIII
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

A disgrace to Folkestone image. Lots of outdoor fighting and rough clientele. And lots of weirdos hunging around the outdoors. Not recommended.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Awful place, drunkards wall to wall. We got a drink each as we had entered the premises. Finished them quickly, a very worrying atmosphere .We left only to see a drunken man within the seating area, to the side of the pub shouting abuse at anybody within his clearly limited eye sight.

Date of experience: May 2015