“Incredible customer service”
Review of PAX Burger

PAX Burger
Ranked #30 of 555 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Price range: USD 19 - USD 32
Description: This is high quality casual dining, with a simply delicious menu of seriously good burgers and great sides. All made with 100% fresh ingredients, locally-sourced when possible. The gourmet approach makes for a range of burgers that is unlike any other. With a choice of beef, chicken and lamb plus vegetarian and gluten-free options, amazing flavours are brought together with some great twists - to
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here to get something to eat one afternoon before an appointment and didn’t have much time. We asked how long it would take and we’re told 15 minutes from ordering which was perfect so we were sat upstairs. The decor and music were great. Our time pressure had clearly been taken into consideration and the waitress knew to come over quickly to take our order. Food was out within 15 minutes and oh my word what a fantastic burger! We both had the Pax Classic. It was delicious. Once eaten the waitress again had an eye out for us and quickly cleared the table and brought the bill. It was perfect and I hope to come back with the kids to stay a bit longer next time! First class customer service and excellent food. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I visited Pax Burger for my birthday meal on Thursday 5th April, and had very high expectations as we had only heard excellent things about here.
On arrival it was unclear as to where to go as there were already a group of 4 people at the bar (we thought this may have been a queue), while we stood by the dour or waiting for assistance 3 waitresses walked past without acknowledging us.
We were seated upstairs and had a drink order taken straight away however it took around 5 minutes for 2 pints to arrive. The room was ridiculously warm which made my partners experience less enjoyable as she felt fidgety and started to become dizzy.
The food that we ordered was nice,but wasn’t anything ‘Wow’ as we were expecting, nothing made it stand out from anywhere else we could get a burger from in or around Huddersfield. The chicken wings on the side menu had a delicious flavour but they were very soggy due to them being battered and then coated sauce.
We also got a service charge which I absolutely understand on large tables but on a table of 2? A disappointing visit to say the least.

Date of visit: April 2018
PAXBurger, General Manager at PAX Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Levi,

I'm terribly sorry you didn't have the incredible experience you were expecting. There are a few points I'd like to make so that we both agree on the right conclusion to your experience. Firstly, we are a very busy restaurant on both week days and weekends. Unfortunately this means there is very occasionally a minor wait as you walk through the door, but very rarely is the wait something people mention in reviews as it is such a short period of time and something people usually understand. That being said, I do apologize if you thought that the wait for a table was an unacceptable amount of time.

On to the the waitresses and staff that you have described as not acknowledging you. I am very sorry you felt ignored, however that would never be the attention of the staff that are all fully trained in customer service. As stated before the restaurant is very busy and rather than ignorant, the staff may have been preoccupied with customers already seated in the restaurant. But once again I do apologize for the way the situation may have came across to you.

Again, a 5 minute wait on 2 pints being made and taken to a table during a busy evening is not something I can accept as being a 'long wait'. However if you do return, I may suggest having a drink at the bar first, so you can get your drink immediately without any complaints.

With the temperature of the restaurant, we do try to keep the place at a pleasant temperature for everybody. But again simply asking a waitress/waiter to turn the air conditioning on would have perhaps made your partners experience a little easier.

Finally, as you can see from the surrounding reviews, we do try to deliver the best quality service and food here at PAXBurger and the majority of our customers do agree that we reach these standards. I would love to discuss the details of your negative experience in further detail so we can work on giving you a better experience on your future returns. Don't hesitate to give me a call on 01484943019 so we can discuss this further. Hope to hear from you soon!

Regards
Joe

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

High quality meat, big portion sizes and some of the best burger combos I have ever tried! The bread is always perfect, meat cooked to perfection and always high in flavour. Plus the sides are amazing! Never had a bad burger from there.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Never had a bad burger at Eric’s, lively atmosphere, very welcoming.
Food good, sides add to the experience.
Good to see Magic Rock beer on offer , the not so little children enjoyed the puds as well

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely food!! Staff friendly & Courteous!! Only little fault is not enough room, as people are getting up & down you disturb other customers!! Need a little more space!!

Date of visit: March 2018