All reviews scones honesty bar unique building thanks john cliff face unmade road complimentary fruit an exceptional host quirky place on arrival full english take away room was clean and comfortable b and b a great place to stay home from home couldn't do enough
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Probably my new favourite B&B in the whole world! Such an individual identity, cosy and homely, a true gem in the middle of nowhere. It's like staying with long lost family! John will make you feel truly welcome in his own eccentric style and you will love it. And on top of that, you will have the best night's sleep in the cosy beds in this incredible building. So peaceful, on the hillside with the most stunning view across the Pennines. I love this place. Take a copy of Wuthering Heights with you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Quirky? yup, homely ?Absolutely,worth the money ?definitely, stay again? Cant wait. in John's own words its shabby chic . In my words its warm cozy and very friendly and excellent value for money . You can go 5 star if that's what floats your boat ,and you get a cold clinical environment but what you get at the edge is a warm welcome from the host in a hotel that is best described as extremely comfy in a picturesque environment . He also offers a function room at fantastic rates for party's or conference's. You wanna feel at home dont hesitate.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

John was a great host and really tries to help guests as much as possible. It is warm and very comfortable, great breakfast. I stayed in the double room with an ensuite with a bath. Fantastic hotel. Thank you .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I frequent hotels and BnBs as part of my job role and spend approximately a third of my nights a year in hotels or bed and breakfast accommodation. I hope the previous statement provides context when I say I have never felt more at home in a place than I did at "The Edge". John was a wonderful host and I felt treated as a friend not a customer.

My room was spacious and full of character, facilities were excellent within the room itself with the little touches like complimentary fruit & excellent breakfast being the icing on the cake.

Although I travelled up here not for business for this visit, I will be definitely booking this property if I am ever in the area again.

The ONLY downside I could find for this property is the access road has suffered with the recent weather and has several potholes but the parking area adjoining the property is unaffected.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2017

The majority of reviewers here are correct. This is a super place. He struck me as someone trying very hard to earn a living, AND making the best of a amazingly unique building. The place, the bar, dining room, dance-floor etc, etc. And he is doing it all with determination and enthusiasm. I hope he succeeds. Best to contact John direct.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business