“A delightful cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Enclosed courtyard Dining
Enclosed courtyard
Dining
Open Plan living
Relaxing
Living space with parquet floor
Clever use of space
Modern Kitchen
Traditional beds
Quiet area
Good sized corner shower
Light and airy shower/WC room
Private sitting area
Mature garden
Greenhead Park only a few minutes walk
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dragonfly...
Melbourne
“A delightful cottage”
Reviewed 21 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely cottage on three separate occasions in the past year while attending courses at the University. Ann and John could not have been more accommodating. They would check in with me before each stay and always warmly greet me upon my arrival.

The cottage itself is extremely clean and comfortable including all the conveniences of home. The location is convenient with a bus stop around the corner and only a short distance from Greenhead park, which is lovely.

If my travels take me to that area again, I will most definitely book in again!

Liked best: The peaceful surroundings
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
21 Apr 2016
Thank you for the lovely review, and we're so glad you were able to enjoy your stay linked with your studies. The park is fabulous today in the sunshine, and any time you are in this area you would be very welcome.
Elizabeth...
“Lovely cottage, amazing hosts!! ”
Reviewed 11 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We had the pleasure of staying at this cottage in the lead up to our wedding celebrations. We wanted our own space where we were able to come and go as we please and somewhere near town and all the amenities. This was the perfect place for us!!

Everything that you could ever need was there!! It was also very clean and well decorated throughout.

To top it off we received a bottle of champagne, wild berries from the garden and a card wishing us well in our new life together. Ann and John were so welcoming and warm and really made us feel at home.

Thank you so much for making our trip to Huddersfield a fantastic one!! See you next time

13 Aug 2015
Thank you for the lovely review. We enjoyed having you stay with us at such an important time in your lives. Look forward to seeing you again.
Lyn M
Brisbane Region, Australia
“WOW”
Reviewed 11 July 2015 for a stay in August 2014

What a wonderful hideaway for travellers central location, beautifully fitted out, lovely owners, my son and I were made to feel very welcome on arrival and our daughter who lived locally was very impressed also when she visited me during our stay on further trips back to the UK this will certainly be somewhere we will look to stay, apologies for the late review I thought I had already left one. x

Liked best: central location
Liked least: Lack of washing machine
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
12 Jul 2015
Many thanks for your kind review, glad you enjoyed your stay.
misterne
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Perfect little cottage”
Reviewed 16 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I was looking for somewhere to stay for a couple of nights with my husband and 4 month old baby whilst attending a family wedding and originally booked Holt Bank as an alternative to a hotel room because I needed somewhere with a kitchen to be able to sterilise and prepare bottles. With its one bedroom and reasonable price, Holt Bank fit the bill perfectly. I emailed the owners because I wanted to check there would be room in the bedroom for a travel cot and received a reply almost straight away.

As the weekend we had booked got closer, I emailed the owners again to ask about how we picked up the keys and, again, received a very prompt reply with great directions and a phone number in case we got lost. When we arrived at Holt Bank we were warmly greeted by the owners and given a tour. The pictures just don't do it justice! Holt Bank is a lovingly restored/converted coach house that offers plenty of space for a couple and a baby with a fantastic kitchen that has all the appliances you could ever need for a short break (although there is a cafe in the park nearby so for those that don't want to cook, you can get a great breakfast for very little money). There is a TV and stereo downstairs and the high speed wi-fi was an added bonus. Upstairs there is a good sized bedroom with two single beds that are very comfortable, as well as a lovely little en-suite.

We were reassured that the owners were nearby if we had any questions or problems, but at no point did we feel overlooked.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at Holt Bank and would book again if we are ever in the area.

Liked best: The 'cuteness' of the property
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
16 Apr 2015
Thanks for your lovely comments, so glad you enjoyed your stay, it would be a pleasure to have you visit again in the future.
missyj122...
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed 24 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at Holt Bank for eight days while on holiday from the US and we couldn't have been more pleased!!! Ann and John were fantastic! They welcomed us upon arrival and showed us around the cottage. It was extremely clean and tidy, and was so warm and inviting. This was our first time in the UK and we found our stay at Holt Bank to be absolutely wonderful! We relied on public transportation, and Holt Bank was an easy walk to the train and bus stations, which are located right in the heart of the city centre. The cottage had strong wifi, which was perfect for keeping in touch with friends and family back home, and we loved watching Sky tv after a long day of exploring. What more can I say? Our stay at Holt Bank was PERFECT!!! We will definitely be back!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
24 Mar 2015
Thank you for your lovely review, glad you enjoyed your stay, it was great to meet you both and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing