“They don't seem to ever get it right!”
Review of Yorkshire Rose

Yorkshire Rose
Ranked #244 of 536 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I haven't eaten here for quite some time following some disappointing visits. However I thought I would give it another go and give them another chance as I think they have changed recently. I'm afraid that, once again, it failed to impress. Our food was quite good but mistakes were made, which shows a lack if attention to the customer's needs. My wife requested a change to some items on her choice, which they did happily, but they totally missed off some of the items she wanted to keep. We had to ask for them. They also gave her the wrong sauce. I had the mixed grill, which was good, but it also included a small pie that was filled with some sort of cold mush and tasted foul. Our waiter (I forget his name but he was only on his second shift) was very good as he had to deal with all these mistakes. A mixed experience and I left feeling that this place, no matter how many times I visit and how far apart they may be, just cannot get it right.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It was a cold snowing day and we got a very warm welcoming. It was quiet due to the weather. 12.30pm. The staff very attentive. We ordered baked camembert and a child's Garlic bread for starters. We did not need to wait too long. It was waiting service too so that was nice not having to leave the table. The tables where clean and tidy. Our mains we equally tasty and filling. The only negative was the way the food was presented on the plate. Because it was not busy the food looked as though it had just been slopped onto the plates, especially my son's beans. The celery and carrots looked a little unloved too as they were just thrown in the plates. Service fast. Staff warm and welcoming. We will definately return. The children's play area kept the little ones entertained.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I have visited the Yorkshire Rose regularly in the past, usually before going to the Odeon cinema, and never have issues with the food or wait times. This was the first visit since the refurbishments and I doubt I will be back again. We went for some food yesterday, Sunday 25th March, before heading to the cinema and gave ourselves just over an hour (which has been plenty of time in the past). The new decor is on trend, however didn't seem as cosy or fit the surroundings. We were seated quickly and our drinks order was taken, however this was when the problems started.

We waited for nearly 25 minutes trying to catch someone's eye to take our food order and in the end I had to go find someone and bring them over. We ordered a starter to share (Camembert tear and share bread) and two mains (the grilled salmon and Spicy Juan burger) and, even though we had not been told of anything not being on the menu, the staff member had to go check that they had some salmon available.

The starter came fairly quickly and was OK. There were a few sorry looking pieces of cucumber and carrot in addition to the bread to dip, however the Camembert tasted like it was close to turning. We are fans of strong tasting cheese so it wasn't a major problem, although I would imagine someone else may have found it overbearing.

Given the fact we had waited so long to order we were conscious we may have to leave before our mains in order to catch our film. They arrived and the grilled salmon was missing the tenderstem broccoli accompaniment. I asked and the waitress said it would be coming separately. She then came back and said they had ran out so I asked for some form of veg to replace it. By the time this arrived I had already finished what I could of my meal. The Spicy Juan burger was apparently tasty, however the salmon was incredibly oily and the potato salad had far too much mayonnaise.

We then had to walk to the till in order to pay as once again none of the waitresses came over. I complained and the manager gave us 30% off which I appreciate, but the meal was still not worth what we paid following the discount.

The waitresses seemed young and definitely lacked training. I do hope that it is teething problems following the refurbishment, however I doubt I'll be back to find out.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Been here quite a few times. We called in at lunch time. Didnt know that it had a referb but what a difference its made plus the menu is better and the staff could not of been more happy to help. The food was hot and was presented well on the plate. The desserts were just as good. Will be returning in the future

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Came here a couple of years ago and was really nice then and were revisiting the area so came in again. We were not disappointed - staff were great and very happy to oblige.
Had mushrooms and chicken wings for starters and then a pizza . Food was delicious - hot - and nicely presented.