“Great”
Review of The Ivanhoe Hotel

The Ivanhoe Hotel
Ranked #90 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed as a family of 4. Visiting family for the weekend. Made to feel very welcome. Staff super friendly, Nicky & Danny. Breakfast spot on. What I love about the Ivanhoe hotel is it's so close to the north side beach. Would recommend booking here if you are heading to the Open air theatre to watch a concert. It's Walking distance away.

1  Thank claire f

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Easy check in at the bar, room was big enough just beware of the low and sloped ceilings in the attic room. Food was excellent, best steak I've had in years. All clean and beds although a bit too firm for me were ok and didn't impact negatively on my sleep too much. A great value stay. Quiz-oke was fun on friday night.Would definitely recommend to family and friends.

2  Thank happycamperMidlands
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Stayed for one night lucky I got a room as I had messed my booking date up.
Staff amazing helped me cancel original incorrect booking sorted me a room out for a fantastic price.
Room was good very warm and clean with everything I needed.
We ate in the hotel and food was exceptionally high standard .
But the staff were absolutely fantastic super efficient and friendly but not in your face.
Breakfast was a nice relaxed affair with fantastic choices and ingredients
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quality break at affordable prices!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajpyp
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We met our son and his wife here and to be honest I wasn't bothered to visit, but what a pleasant surprise. It's always been a pleasant pub for me, with around 8 real ales and I did find one I liked straight away after talking to the knowledgeable barman. 1 box ticked. Our kids are vegan, but have eaten here several times previously and the menu does offer about 8 veggie main courses. Our choices included a vegetable pie with chips and veg, a falafel burger with chips and 2-Spanish Fabada dishes off the specials board. The manager came back to us as there was sadly only 1 Fabada left. My wife chose the chilli-con-carne which was about £3 additional, but we weren't asked to pay that. Very good!
Every dish was absolutely spot-on and the Fabada at only £7.95 was amazing.
Apparently, the home made onion rings are famous so we shared a dish and they are truly amazing.
Very good service, very friendly staff, very good food at very reasonable prices.
We'll definitely be going again.
There is lots of seating and it does appear to be wheelchair friendly.

1  Thank WakefieldFroggett
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights 25th to 27th October 2017. Very impressed. For such a reasonable price our room with balcony was so comfortable and spacious. Very clean. Lovely bed and nice decor. Breakfast was fantastic. Staff were so friendly and helpful. We ate there both evenings and really enjoyed the food and service. Would definitely return. Thank you .

Stayed: October 2017