“Not sure”

Ranked #39 of 400 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: USD 26 - USD 45
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Reflections is part of The Crescent Hotel, and offers a fantastic dining experience for residents and non residents alike. We use good quality, local ingredients and the menu changes twice a week so there is always something new to try! We offer private dining and can cater for large bookings. We also offer a good vegetarian selection, and if you have any special requests just let the chefs know and they will make you something extra special!
Reviewed 24 September 2018

The service and staff were excellent.I was somewhat dissopointed with some of the dishes. The dumplings with one of the dishes were rather dry and needed to be moister.
The scallops as a starter were over priced.Overall the food itself could have been hotter.
However,I guess it just needs tweaking to bring it upto scratch.

TheCrescentHotel, Manager at Reflections, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review-I am sorry you weren't sure as the feedback received from you on the evening in question was positive. We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Decided to give this restaurant a go following the reviews to celebrate an important birthday. Really pleased we did. The food and service were excellent. The decor is rather dated and surprisingly there weren’t many people. Definitely a hidden gem

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve lived in Scarborough all my life and never visited Reflections and, until my friend booked it, never really heard of it! Since our visit I’ve been telling everyone about it and would highly recommend a visit!

On arrival we were seated in the bar to peruse the menu and order some drinks, after getting carried away chatting we finally decided on our meals (too much choice) and ordered but remained seated in the bar/lounge area which was nice.

Once our starters were almost ready we were taken to our table, the restaurant is nothing fancy but it’s clean, bright and comfortable.

Of a party of 7 all our meals were delicious. Starter was pâté, finally somewhere with a good ratio of pâté and bread! For mains 4 of us had the deal available on Mondays and Tuesdays ‘steak night’: 2 steaks (entrecôte) incl. sides (onion rings, tomato and mushroom) or a sauce (we had 1 of each and shared) plus a bottle of house wine and 2 deserts for £39.99!!! The house wine we had a choice of 3 reds and 3 whites both we chose in our party were very nice! Although dubious about the steak cut (never had an entrecôte) it was lovely!! A nice big steak cooked well, amazing crispy chips and Stilton sauce which was delicious as were the sides (some of the best onion rings I’ve had).

Everyone else in our party enjoyed their main meals of chicken, pie and fillet steak and (although pretty full by now) desserts were also delicious. All the food is very well presented and portions very generous, the service was excellent and Denise had us laughing!

All in all I would definitely recommend Reflections and will be going back! Don’t be put of by the fact it’s a hotel or that it might not be ‘the best’ decor can’t work out why this isn’t more well known!!

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We've just returned from a 3 night stay in Scarborough and stayed at the Crescent hotel. Reflections is the hotel restaurant and all I would say is the dishes we ate were tremendous, Michelin quality but incredibly cheap for what we received.
We had a variety of dishes from beef strips in blue cheese, steak, bass fillet with scallops in a sauce to die for and a smoked chicken and avocado starter.
We ate in other eateries such as an Italian which were far busier which I found remarkable. The comparison in food quality was light years apart yet the price very comparable.
If your looking for fine dining at an incredibly reasonable price then I'd suggest making a reservation at Reflections without any doubt,10 out of 10..!
If I lived closer it would be a fortnightly pilgrimage to Reflections for us..!

1  Thank Peter W
TheCrescentHotel, Manager at Reflections, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I have passed your review on to our kitchen team and they are very pleased! We all look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Only us in the restaurant and my steak was underdone. Sent it back to then be overdone. Asked for medium and it was well done in the end, dry and grisly. Not a great dessert menu. Eaten here twice before and it was lovely. Hoping it was a one off however won’t be back

TheCrescentHotel, Manager at Reflections, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review-it is a shame that you didn't choose to do this on the previous occasions when you had enjoyed your meal. Our steaks are normally highly praised and enjoyed so we are very disappointed that you did not enjoy them this time in spite of the waitress and chef trying hard to meet your requirements. We do hope that you will try us again one day.