“Fantastic family break”

Master en-suite bathroom
Living area
Bedrrom
Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Wendy G
“Fantastic family break”
Reviewed 4 August 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Stayed for a week at the end of June 2017, there were 7 adults, 3 children under 4 and Tilly the dog. We all had a fantastic stay the house was perfect and had everything that we needed in it. Easy walking distance to the beach and town. Scarborough is a lovely place to visit with lots to do with the children. For them it was their first time on a bus ( we sat upstairs and the bus had no lid on it lol) and a train ( the small steam one) which took us to the aquarium.
Booking was simple and Pippa couldn't have been more helpful.
Open air theatre is a must if the weather is good - we seen UB 40. Feeding the squirrels at Peasham park was great fun and my granddaughter was delighted when they took the nuts from her hand.
We will definitely be back.

10 Aug 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your holiday in Scarborough. It sounds like you all had a lovely time and we hope to see you and your family again in the future!
Best wishes, Pippa & Paul
PaulC1889
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“No better place to stay in Scarborough”
Reviewed 12 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

We have stayed in many properties in Scarborough over the years, and can honestly say that the Spa Chalet goes straight to the top of the list. It even beats the nearby 4 star Crown Spa Hotel. It certainly has the WOW factor in so many ways, and i dont think that there is a better place to stay in Scarborough to enjoy the dramatic sea views. Inside the property it has so much character, each room is different and full of charm. It has been carefully restored and maintains many of the original features.
Also last but certainly not least, i would like to mention that it is great value for money and the booking process made easy. With special thanks going to Pippa for her friendly help and advice, it was a pleasure to deal with her.
We will be back, because from now on there is only one special place to stay in Scarborough and that is at the Spa Chalet.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
12 Jun 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay in Spa Chalet and we pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. We are really glad that Spa Chalet is at the top of your list and we hope to see again for many more years to come. With thanks and best wishes, Pippa & Paul
Fairypole
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Historical Heaven”
Reviewed 3 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

What can I say?! When can I move in?! Some friends rented this property for a week, a couple of families and invited us to join them for a couple of days and I'm so grateful I did. I wasn't sure they'd have room for us but with 5 bedrooms and bathrooms and lots of communal space I had no need to worry.
My daughter and I travelled by train, the Chalet is a short walk from the station and has easy access to the beach and town. On arrival we were greeted by the most amazing views from the balcony, just heaven!
We hit lucky with the weather which made the experience perfect imagine my pleasure when waking up to glorious sunshine and being able to sit it the window seat and look across the bay and out to sea. I was sorry a previous reviewer felt the place wasn't to standard, I'm not sure what they by a building of this age, but I was constantly charmed by the many details I came across, the furniture is a mix of new and old which I love, I'm passionate about preserving history and feel this place has been restored beautifully and sympathetically, it's been modernised but keeps many original features that left me desperate to discover more about its previous history and owners. The room I had was stunning with a lovely free standing bath and pull chain loo which brought back found memories of my Nanna's house. Jessica Bearpark was a lucky lady to live out her years living here and opening her windows to such beauty everyday, my only complaint was I wasn't able to stay with them longer! I hope to return one day and that others see the beauty in a building I've fallen in love with.

9 Jun 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderfully glowing review of your stay in Spa Chalet. We agree that the Spa certainly is a beautiful property with a very interesting past and we are pleased that you enjoyed your experience of staying there. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future! Best wishes, Paul & Pippa
John R
Louth
“You are paying for view”
Reviewed 8 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Have just had a weeks stay from 31March 2017 the property view is to die for the fixtures and fittings and so called refurbishment are along while ago broken window which was wedged open in kitchen all of stay window sill over sink dead wasps used t bag and dirty blinds that have never been cleaned by looks of them furniture worn and not overly clean oven filthy but the view was great overpriced in this condition I accept owners want to sell the property but the points raised are no excuse If properly upgraded i would go back

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 May 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay in Spa Chalet. We are deeply sorry that you felt that the home was not up to a good standard and we really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention; which we are of course in the process of investigating with the housekeeper. We hope that this didn’t spoil your holiday and again we can only apologise that the home did not meet your expectations, but rest assured that we will do our utmost to rectify the problems you encountered. Best wishes, Pippa & Paul
ahappygue...
Washington, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed by all”
Reviewed 1 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We stayed at the Spa Chalet with family including three children. The chalet was fully equipped with anything you could need and was clean and comfortable. We were lucky enough to enjoy good weather so being so close to the beach was excellent. We would definitely stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Nov 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your stay in Spa Chalet and we are really pleased that you had a nice time. We hope to see you again in the future!
Best wishes,
Pippa & Paul
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing