5,166 results
All reviewsmood lightingsea viewice roomceiling fanfeature roomcontinental breakfastlovely hotelsteam roomon arrivalfree upgradeleisure facilitiesexecutive roomstreet parkingshort breakfull englishtop floorlovely room
Reviewed 7 May 2012

arrived at hotel reception staff helpful, given our room 254 walked into room to be greeted with a large bare bay window witch gave you the feeling of been over looked by the street and other building it would benefited from net curtains like some of the other rooms had

partner then made coffee to relax and discovered a carton of milk witch was open and had gone off some time ago, following morning had contintail breakfast witch was very good at an extra cost of £9.95,

After a good night out we returned to the hotel around 8pm hoping to eat at the hotel wanted to go into the taste restaurant told have to wait at least an hour table we were told we could go in to the light bite room to eat from that menu however the staff on duty were very rude to us leaving us to find our own table and then ignored us for half an hour despite trying to attracted attention of staff. after waiting for so long with no service despite staff chatting to each other witch included managers we decided to return to our room hungry.

on conclusion it took the edge off the weekend with was our first anniversary as a couple
our first visit was very good this is why we returned to this hotel not sure if we would ever book this hotel again now

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris-Lowe
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

I would like to say how shocked I am at your review, we do not accept poor customer service at the Crown and anyone that reads our tripadvisor reviews will see that good service from polite staff is something that we are praised for and are very proud of. If you could please contact me with the date of your stay on the following email I shall look into what happened on that evening and deal with the issues. davidchambers@crownspahotel.com.

We do always ask that reservations are made for the restaurant as we are an extremely busy hotel and hate when our guests are disappointed. Once again thank you for bringing these issues to my attention as we do take all of our customers comments and reviews very seriously.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I spent a glorious 4 hours in the Spa which is an absolute must if you stay in the hotle or just visit Scarborough. I heard someone talking to his friend in the venicular lift on the sea front about their experience so I decided to give it a go myself. I had the best body massage I have ever had combined with a 'fire and ice' experience. The staff are lovely and helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed myself - I was walking on air for the rest of the day.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you for such a lovely review, I have been lucky enough to experience the wonderful treatments that the spa provide and fully agree that it is something not to be missed, I would also say the the level of service in the spa is also carried out through the building in all departments.

Thanks again for a great review and it goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The crown spa has got to be scarborough's jewel in the crown !!!!!!! . Arrived on fri for a 2nt stay and was upgraded to a lovely penthouse room free of charge . We decided to dine in the hotel's Taste restaurant the 1st night which was nicely presented and cooked to perfection all washed down with a good bottle of wine . Free parking just outside the hotel just ask at reception for a parking disc . Lovely friendly staff and all in all a very well run hotel .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzyQBolton

Your review says it all and I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, on occasion we are able to offer free upgrades and as in this case they are always appreciated. As always we are even more happy when any guest makes a return visit which once again is the case.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Booking was a slightly confusing process. When we rang the hotel we were told that only a limited number of less desirable rooms were available and the price quoted for these was over £100 per night. We then went on Last Minute and were able to book 2 rooms at £75 per room per night. When we arrived at the hotel we were upgraded to rooms with a balcony and an amazing sea view.

The rooms were spacious and light with french windows on to a balcony which we sat out on to enjoy the awesome views despite the February temperatures and the snow on the ground. The rooms were very comfortable with a large, luxurious bed and great armchairs to enjoy the view from once we retreated to the warmth of the room.

The rooms have good complimentary refreshments including ground coffee and a cafetiere. Free tea and coffee is available in the lounge which has comfortable and a roaring fire. Our ability to enjoy this public space in the evening was limited by a large and rowdy corporate group.

Parking (with a permit from the hotel) is free in the surrounding streets but finding a nearby space can be hit and miss. There is a drop-off point in front of the hotel if you can't park near enough to carry your bags. Or there is a car park for a charge but we have never found it necessary to use this.

The hotel strictly enforces the check in time and won't let guests into rooms even ten minutes early.

We will definitely be returning and will happily pay a premium to get the same great room with wonderful views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor with balcony and sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ERFW
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

May I first of all say how disappointed I am that the booking process at the hotel seemed a little confusing, I will look into the issues mentioned with the hope that we can make the process a little easier for future clients.

From your description it appears that you were in a feature room which overlooks the bay and the views really are magnificent

We do look forward to you returning in the future as nothing makes us happier than seeing guests return. I will pass on your comments to both staff and management who I know will be delighted.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2012

fantastic hotel staff very friendly and helpful - could'nt do enough for you . our room very luxurious and the coloured lighting in the bathroom very relaxing while having a bath i would have been happy to stay in the hotel all day and not bother about seeing the sites of scarborough but the weather was very good while we were there so we did do the site seeing thing . we arrived on a motor bike and at reception while booking in the staff told us to move the bike right up to outside the door of the hotel - so we felt secure in the knowledge that as it was a 24 hour reception staff were always in that area . as i 've said very very good hotel and staff a bit expensive but when you are there you can see why would highly recommend

Room Tip: our room was at the back of the building no sea view but quiet and great and probably cheaper than the rooms at front
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbikehols

May I first of all thank you for your positive feedback and say that I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. As with all hotels the owners can spend millions of pounds on furnishings but the finishing touches are the quality of the staff and as is often mentioned on this forum as well as to myself.

I do hope that when you return to Scarborough you return to the Crown. It goes without saying that I will pass on your positive comments to the staff who I know will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer.