“Keeps Getting Better.”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had our wedding reception here in 2005 and this was our third stay since. Whilst enjoying every experience i have had at the Crown, i would have to say this was my favourite return visit. We booked for two nights in a "feature" room, complete with balcony and took advantage of the "fine dining" on the first night. From the moment i checked in every member of staff i spoke to were excellent. The young lady at reception was very helpful and friendly, the staff in the restaurant were very good, particularly the man who seated us, and this standard was carried on through every member of the team we encountered. The room was of a very good standard as i have come to expect and the dining experience was indeed, fine. My wife is a vegetarian and was delighted with the choices available and shared my view that the food was amazing. I had the catch of the day, sea bream, it was fantastic!. A very comfortable and relaxed stay, my only complaint would be we had to leave. Keep up the excellent work.

Room Tip: If you can, try a feature room. Also, make use of the spa.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

First of all I would like to say thanks for the positive comments regarding the Crown and so pleased that you enjoyed the feature room. Nothing pleases me and the staff more than when our customers return time after time it tells us all that all of the hard work we put in is worth while.

Thanks again for a great review and it goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

David Chambers Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,963)

Reviewed 7 May 2012

arrived at hotel reception staff helpful, given our room 254 walked into room to be greeted with a large bare bay window witch gave you the feeling of been over looked by the street and other building it would benefited from net curtains like some of the other rooms had

partner then made coffee to relax and discovered a carton of milk witch was open and had gone off some time ago, following morning had contintail breakfast witch was very good at an extra cost of £9.95,

After a good night out we returned to the hotel around 8pm hoping to eat at the hotel wanted to go into the taste restaurant told have to wait at least an hour table we were told we could go in to the light bite room to eat from that menu however the staff on duty were very rude to us leaving us to find our own table and then ignored us for half an hour despite trying to attracted attention of staff. after waiting for so long with no service despite staff chatting to each other witch included managers we decided to return to our room hungry.

on conclusion it took the edge off the weekend with was our first anniversary as a couple
our first visit was very good this is why we returned to this hotel not sure if we would ever book this hotel again now

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris-Lowe
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

I would like to say how shocked I am at your review, we do not accept poor customer service at the Crown and anyone that reads our tripadvisor reviews will see that good service from polite staff is something that we are praised for and are very proud of. If you could please contact me with the date of your stay on the following email I shall look into what happened on that evening and deal with the issues. davidchambers@crownspahotel.com.

We do always ask that reservations are made for the restaurant as we are an extremely busy hotel and hate when our guests are disappointed. Once again thank you for bringing these issues to my attention as we do take all of our customers comments and reviews very seriously.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I spent a glorious 4 hours in the Spa which is an absolute must if you stay in the hotle or just visit Scarborough. I heard someone talking to his friend in the venicular lift on the sea front about their experience so I decided to give it a go myself. I had the best body massage I have ever had combined with a 'fire and ice' experience. The staff are lovely and helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed myself - I was walking on air for the rest of the day.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for such a lovely review, I have been lucky enough to experience the wonderful treatments that the spa provide and fully agree that it is something not to be missed, I would also say the the level of service in the spa is also carried out through the building in all departments.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The crown spa has got to be scarborough's jewel in the crown !!!!!!! . Arrived on fri for a 2nt stay and was upgraded to a lovely penthouse room free of charge . We decided to dine in the hotel's Taste restaurant the 1st night which was nicely presented and cooked to perfection all washed down with a good bottle of wine . Free parking just outside the hotel just ask at reception for a parking disc . Lovely friendly staff and all in all a very well run hotel .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzyQBolton

Your review says it all and I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, on occasion we are able to offer free upgrades and as in this case they are always appreciated. As always we are even more happy when any guest makes a return visit which once again is the case.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Booking was a slightly confusing process. When we rang the hotel we were told that only a limited number of less desirable rooms were available and the price quoted for these was over £100 per night. We then went on Last Minute and were able to book 2 rooms at £75 per room per night. When we arrived at the hotel we were upgraded to rooms with a balcony and an amazing sea view.

The rooms were spacious and light with french windows on to a balcony which we sat out on to enjoy the awesome views despite the February temperatures and the snow on the ground. The rooms were very comfortable with a large, luxurious bed and great armchairs to enjoy the view from once we retreated to the warmth of the room.

The rooms have good complimentary refreshments including ground coffee and a cafetiere. Free tea and coffee is available in the lounge which has comfortable and a roaring fire. Our ability to enjoy this public space in the evening was limited by a large and rowdy corporate group.

Parking (with a permit from the hotel) is free in the surrounding streets but finding a nearby space can be hit and miss. There is a drop-off point in front of the hotel if you can't park near enough to carry your bags. Or there is a car park for a charge but we have never found it necessary to use this.

The hotel strictly enforces the check in time and won't let guests into rooms even ten minutes early.

We will definitely be returning and will happily pay a premium to get the same great room with wonderful views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor with balcony and sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ERFW
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

May I first of all say how disappointed I am that the booking process at the hotel seemed a little confusing, I will look into the issues mentioned with the hope that we can make the process a little easier for future clients.

From your description it appears that you were in a feature room which overlooks the bay and the views really are magnificent

We do look forward to you returning in the future as nothing makes us happier than seeing guests return. I will pass on your comments to both staff and management who I know will be delighted.

Kind Regards