“Easter weekend get away 2012”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and we had the romance package 2.
We had a nice bedroom with a four poster bed and a big bathroom . Loved the pink lights above the bath.
We felt the food and wine was overpriced but was nice.
The private parking was a bonus :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mick s
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

May I first of all say thank you for your mostly positive review. I am delighted that both the bedroom and bathroom met with your requirements.

We have a very varied wine list and menu with glasses of wine starting at £3.40 starters at £5.95 and main courses from £9.95 which I do feel is priced to suit all customers.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

David Chambers Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,987)

Reviewed 9 April 2012

A 3 night Easter break at the Crown Spa made all the more enjoyable by the excellent standards that we have come to expect over recent years. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff in all areas were efficient but friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The superior sea view penthouse room 504 was extremely comfortable. The meals in the restaurant were delicious. The wood pigeon and seared lambs loin were the highlight but every evening was a delight. Breakfast was a good substantial start to the day with so much to chose from although I must admit to enjoying the smoked haddock every morning.
An enjoyable stay over too soon but which will most certainly be repeated

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Mrs_SNorthLincs

May I first of all thank you for such a positive review I am absolutely delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at The Crown and I speak on behalf of myself and the team when I say thank you so much for your comments.

Nothing pleases us more than when we have guests return and we can always assure a familiar face.

It goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We anticipated arriving early for a much needed weekend break and rang the hotel in advance to inquire about early check in. I was told that if the room was ready when we arrived then we could have it early. We arrived at 9am and got our free parking permit from reception and were told to come back at 11am, so we went for some food. We checked in at 11 but were told that the room wouldn't be ready until 3pm. The room was a bit small but well appointed with a nice view of the car park and bins! We went straight down to use the leisure facilities but unfortunately this coincided with the children's swim times and it was heaving. We used the sauna and steam room for a bit before trying the pool again. It's OK for a dip after the sauna, but too small really if you want to swim. We arrived back at the room for a shower and discovered that the water was freezing cold. I rang reception and someone arrived 15 minutes later to have a look; he had to go get some tools and came back and fixed it for us. Whilst this was happening we also had another member of staff in the room for half an hour trying to connect us to the free WiFi. He eventually got us connected, after they reset the hotel's server, but we couldn't connect again for the next 2 days after that and gave it up in the end. We ate in the Taste restaurant the first night and the food and service were excellent. We each had a back massage before we left on the Sunday morning, it was very relaxing and well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moonchild484

May I first of all thank you for a mostly positive review. I am always pleased when there are positive comments and that the staff was able to resolve some of the issues that occurred.

We have recently had a few issues with regards to the wifi which was related to a bad access point which has now been resolved

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my recent 3 night stay. My room was superb - spacious and comfortable, with a balcony overlooking the sea. Really enjoyed sitting on the balcony enjoying the views. Room service was speedy, with an extensive menu which was good value for money. Staff were polite and helpful.

I was looking forward to using the pool and Spa facilities , which are very good - but my enjoyment was spoiled by a family with 3 children using the rather small pool outside of the recommended hours for children's use. No relaxing swim for me!!!

Nevertheless, I would happily recommend the hotel - and certainly intend making a return visit!

• Stayed: March 2012
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

May I first of all say thank you for your positive review. I am delighted that the room and room service met with your requirements.

We do have specific times that children are allowed in the pool so that customers who require a quieter time are able to swim and you are correct in that there where children in the pool outside the allotted time.

The young boy with his family I am sure you will have noticed was quite badly disfigured and had chosen the Crown for what may well be his last holiday, he is 7 years old and suffering with inoperable brain tumours and is currently in remission. He personally chose the Crown as we have a Jacuzzi and his favourite film has a Jacuzzi scene that he wanted to re-enact. On grounds of compassion I was more than happy to oblige and bend the rules for which I received a great big hug and a smile that will stay with me forever, the young man left the Crown very happy and telling me how he is coming back and can he go in the Jacuzzi again, I really do hope that I have the pleasure of greeting him and bending the rules for him again. I am sorry that your enjoyment was spoilt and do hope that you are able to have a peaceful swim if you do choose to visit us again in the future

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Returned today from a 5 day break in Scarborough and so glad we chose the crown spa fantastic rooms , lovely bathroom ,nice staff and the spa and pool are great. My wife and daughter had a few treatments which the thoroughly enjoyed. We ate in the bar on two evenings and found the food to be really good I had the lamb from the specials board on the recommendation of the bar manager John porter ( nice bloke) and it was great. Must be one of the best if not the best hotel in Scarborough can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Whatsappenin

I am absolutely delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at The Crown and that the food and service was to the standard that you expected. John Porter has been with us now for three years and will be delighted that his name has personally been mentioned.

Thanks again and it goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.