“Great Traditional English Pub”
Review of Bryherstones Inn

Bryherstones Inn
Ranked #3 of 401 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

What a great place to visit, the staff were great, friendly and helpful, food was fantastic. The pub has a great atmosphere and ambience. Job done well.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I’ll keep this quick and simple. Everything about this pub is excellent. The food, the service, the wine, the staff, the decor, the setting, the atmosphere, the landlord ... you name it.
We spent 4 hours over a delicious lunch and to be honest we could have stayed all day.
If you’re in Scarborough (or nearby) on a Sunday, book a table and go.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

I rang the night before to confirm and Paul assured me that the room would have a roaring fire going , was easy to access with walking stick and loos nearby and no steps to climb. We just wanted a memorable, but quite lunch to celebrate on our own.

In total fairness to trip advisor I would never had found this fantastic gem without them. Though only a few miles from Scarborough it is just off the main road, a road I would miss . Trust me it's worth finding.
Paul must have predictive powers because this was weather wise the first dull day of our break. On arrival , we were expected and the log fire gave out a warm glow, as did the staff welcome.
Whilst we discussed the menu the pleasant sixties background music took us back to out meeting in the mid eighties and our wedding in 1968.
The meal was simply outstanding. My wife's Chicken in a cream sauce was voted a success . My steak pie just amazing. A large tureen of mixed vegetables plus new potatoes and chips , well they could have been large chip shaped roasted spuds, so good. Attentive but unobtrusive service and more sixties music made it romantic.
Then to the bill which turned out to be less than the average Indian meal two nights earlier.
So without trip advisor, Paul and family a memorable day .

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Probably the best pub I’ve ever been in. Great owners, great staff and amazing food. I’d go back up from Reading just to visit this pub. It’s that good. World class onion rings

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We had booked a few nights at a b&b in Scarborough and we were taking our Border Collie with us so I researched a few dog friendly pubs in the area where we could go for evening meals.Bryherstones was on the list as it’s reviews were favourable so went there on our first night....what an amazing pub........first class atmosphere and food was amazing.Decided to revisit on our last evening as well which was a Saturday night so somewhat busier but once again the service,food,and homeley atmosphere was first class.Roaring fire in the grate,charming and attentive service from the staff and yet again the food was outstanding and we agreed the best meal we have experienced probably ever in any pub/restaurant ! The steak I had was perfectly cooked to my request and the trimmings were superb...the other half had Lamb shank which just melted off the bone with a gravy she wowed about all evening.All in all a fantastic experience to end our holiday and cannot be missed if you’re ever in the area.