USD 304
USD 112
  • Pool
USD 210
1,073 results
All reviewscourtyard roombuilding workcomplimentary gin and sherryservice chargethe upper deck restaurantwhite company toiletriessea viewafternoon teacoffee machinesteam rooma la carte menurestaurant managerconnaught gardensoutdoor poolspa facilitiessmall balconylovely hotel
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had the Retreat room and a single for our daughter.
The décor is nautical but tasteful and relaxing. The bed was amazing and the little touches in the room - like Gin and Sherry on a tray were quintessentially English and very well done.
The toiletries are lovely and the bathroom in our Retreat room was huge and lovely. ( I would have added a little table by the bath).
I liked the ambience - it was not too formal so you could relax whilst making an effort to look nice at dinner etc.
The spa treatments were exceptionally professional. Anna was an amazing therapist and obviously highly knowledgeable.
The pool and spa area are quite small but still good, I can imagine in the summer with doors open it would be lovely.
The food was very very good, only a small amount of tweaks could have taken it up to 5Star. Fish was cooked to perfection. The Easter Sunday dinner had high quality meat and it melted in your mouth, the food was tasty. ( Again I would add a healthy plain option into the menu, simple roast chicken or salmon and salad).
However I thought the service was very good and Victor and Ollie in the restaurant and bar had the perfect balance of professionalism and warmth. This really made the stay for me.
We all loved it and I would definitely come back as I loved the room and I thought the whole hotel was a relaxing place to be.
Well done everyone.

Room Tip: I loved the Retreat room although it didnt have a see view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Lucy B, Guest Relations Manager at Sidmouth Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that all 3 of you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We really do pride ourselves on the service our Crew members offer and its lovely to see that this came across during your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments regarding the fish and the menu choices to Chef and of course we will ensure Ollie and Victor know they got a special mention. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

With both myself and my partner working busy jobs and wedding stress building we decided to treat ourselves to a relaxing weekend away as we really needed it!!

On first impressions the hotel looked great, check in was quick and professional with the added bonus of a free candle to take home. A very helpful man took us up to the room and explained a few things - great service.

So we dumped our bags and thought let’s hit the spa as that’s the main reason we chose the hotel. Having come from Bath where we are spoilt with a huge range of spas of high quality I was a little disappointed at the size but it had a good sauna, steam room, small pool and jacuzzi style tub thing which was lovely.
After 15 minutes of being in there and just starting to relax in come the children...
Now being a great lover of spas I’ve never been to one allowing children so was a little surprised but thought their parents may encourage them to be quiet.
No - 1.5 hours of screaming, jumping splashing - now I can’t blame them as they are children clearly excited about being on holiday and finding a pool but for someone who is trying to relax it’s impossible. I sat in the relaxing area with star lights and all i could hear was loud noise - perhaps this needed to be a separate room or with a sliding door to help block the noise or even some spa music which is played in the changing room ....

Anyhow left the spa even more stressed when I arrived especially when in the showers there wasn’t any conditioner so had to walk back to my room with dripping wet hair...

I did mention my complaint to the receptionist and she thanked me for telling her and informed me children are only allowed at certain times. But generally people check into hotels in the afternoon then want to hit the spa soon then leave when it’s getting close to dinner time. Perhaps they should have children time in the morning when guests are still asleep???

The restaurant as well as the rest of the hotel is decorated to a high standard - the evening food was great and service was brilliant.

The room was cleaned to a high standard and well decorated we paid extra for a balcony yet as soon as we opened to the door to step out you get a view of a filthy roof!! I think next time I will save the extra we paid and go without. The furniture had seen better days and cigarette butts scattered on the floor added to the dismay.

For breakfast there was a good range my only complaint is the bread for toast is cheap thin stuff..

On the whole a fantastic hotel just needs a few tweaks!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosieRowe

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. This is so helpful to us. I am so sorry that you were disturbed whilst utilising the Spa, as my colleague explained, children's swim times are restricted, however we will certainly look at the times we currently offer following your review. Lovely to read that you had a warm welcome from our reception team and our porter. I will ensure your comments regarding the room are passed to our head housekeeper. I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast with us, despite the bread not being to your taste, again I will share this with our Chef as he welcomes all feedback regarding his food. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we get to welcome back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent long weekend stay in a luxury room with great restaurant and quality spa treatments. We stayed in the Harbour Retreat suite as part of a Secret Escapes deal so were very happy to find a hotel that I would happily have paid list price for. The room was excellent (see photos), the restaurant was spot on and made better by excellent staff service during a busy Easter weekend.
We also booked and enjoyed a number of spa treatments and would recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Such a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us. We are very proud of our Crew and they pride themselves on delivery the best service they can so its great to see that you got to experience this. I am pleased that you liked your room, our Harbour Retreat is particularly popular due to its size and indeed the bath! I will pass your feedback onto the crew and of course our Spa manager to let her know you enjoyed your treatments. Thank you once again and I do hope we see you again soon at Sidmouth Harbour Hotel.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I've tried this hotel a few times hoping it would improve but so far it hasn't unfortunately. The decor is lovely but it lacks atmosphere and the service just isn't any good - the staff are nice enough but there just aren't enough of them.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank jpaspirations

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry that you have been left feeing disappointed. I really would welcome the opportunity to discuss your visits, as it is with this feedback we can continue to improve. If you are able to do so, please contact us directly at Sidmouth@harbourhotels.co.uk. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights with a Secret Escapes deal. The staff were all lovely and the hotel very clean. The complimentary gin in the room was a nice surprise too.

However the food was disappointing. There wasn’t enough staff ever in the restaurant. Although we were always seated immediately it was always at least another 15 minutes before someone would take a drinks order and then at least another 15 minutes before the drinks arrived. The order was often wrong too - small wine when large had been ordered more than once.
The breakfast was most disappointing and uninspiring. Salmon bagel was half a bagel only and they didn’t have cream cheese. When ordering medium cooked steak it was rare in the middle. We did receive complimentary desserts due to this and the pannacota was amazing. The Fruits de mar was delicious but we had to ask for the correct implements to be able to eat the crab, claws etc. Hot water and lemon should come with this too.
The sandwiches are overpriced for what they are. Standard thin bread, a few crisps and small amount of salad leaves - more like a kids portion. We had to go out and eat again in the afternoon. The mussels were lovely though. The guy in charge of the waiting team was great and always asking for feedback.
The spa was lovely even though it was tiny with not enough beds etc. Had a great massage by Libby which I would highly recommend.
The beds are so soft so not a good nights sleep if you prefer a medium or firm bed.
Views were lovely and the area really beautiful too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Lucy B, Guest Relations Manager at Sidmouth Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so sorry that your experience in the restaurant wasn't as you had hoped for. I will ensure that the observations are forwarded to both our Chef and Restaurant manager. I am pleased however, to see that our team did look after you and welcomed all feedback and of course that you enjoyed the desserts offered. Thrilled to see you enjoyed your massage and very kind of you to mention Libby, again I will make sure she receives the compliment along with her manager. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.