“Nice place”

Mocha
Ranked #17 of 82 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Coffee, Breakfast, Lunches, Devon Cream Teas , Homemade Cakes . We serve a range of wines and beers and enjoy uninterrupted sea views .
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended to us :) It was packed with people when we arrived. Food is good Service is also friendly. Sometimes you have to wait for a table because the place is really busy.

1  Thank MrsMcglynn

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Afternoon tea and coffee. Good service, cosy place. Generous large home made scones. Very good and well recommended.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited mocha back 30 years ago on my first date with my husband. Have been back in between but visited for our 30 year anniversary. Very busy day. Waited about 15 minutes in the queue not because there were that many people in front of us but because you have to wait for your drinks to be made before you sit down. I expect this in coffee shops but not if I’m eating lunch. My recommendation as a customer would be for orders to be taken and paid for and then hot drinks to be brought to customers whilst they are sitting down. Otherwise the customer is doing all of the work which makes me question what service I am paying for. Food did arrive timely and was ok. So no complaint about food or drink but definitely a lack of service. Also the door kept slamming which was annoying - even slammed by my husband as we left despite commenting about it the whole time we were sat down!

2  Thank SashaP247
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This place is lovely, situated on the seafront with indoor and outdoor seating. It was rather windy yesterday so opted for the indoor seats (it was extremely busy but didn't need to wait long for a table to become available.
We order the crab sandwich and the prawn sandwich, both were lovely! Served with a nice salad garnish, big chunk of lemon and on deliciously fresh granary bread.
Also had a mocha that was amazing - great cafe cant wait to visit again!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Crispy batter, fresh fish, big portion of chips, couldn’t get any better. Only complaint was that they ran out of scones so we couldn’t have cream tea.