1,208 results
All reviews train station beans arrive early the breakfast area free breakfast sofa bed car parking sat nav booked this hotel lego land hot food high street yogurt family room visiting legoland ideal location clean hotel
Reviewed 17 June 2017

We needed a place to stay for two nights for a planned trip to London. A very pleasant hotel next door to the station, Triple glazing meant that there was no noise problem. Very clean and tidy, very pleasant and helpful staff. We were expecting a simple and basic breakfast but were pleasantly surprised at the choice. Minimal on site parking can lead to an extra expense of parking at the station. Don't expect the Hilton and you will be very pleased.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Linda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely feedback.
I am pleased you were pleasantly surprised with our included Express Breakfast. We recently introduced the new breakfast concept and I am glad to hear, that you enjoyed the choice.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2017

I stayed for nine nights at this hotel .My room was very clean and big the staff was wonderful you could ask them for any help and they would give it. I would like to say a special thanks to Ricardo, for being so nice and also Kishma and Nadiya Marlene Ayesna and Sophia for helping with my breakfast the morning that I was leaving you are so sweet. I cannot forget Justyna. It was so nice that you all make me feel at home I can say for sure this is the best hotel for service and friendship try it and see for your self . Windsor castle is just fifteen mins away the Slough train station is just beside the hotel fifteen mins to London,

Room tip: I am not sure what side of the hotel I was, but my room was quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Linda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for the great review.

It was a pleasure to have you in our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed every element of your stay. Indeed, we have a great team with great customer service. They are a real asset.

Thank you again for staying with us as a valued IHG member and see you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a legoland break, not much room in the room with a double bed and double sofa bed, but ok for somewhere to rest your head. We did move the sofa bed nearer the window and was disgusted at the dirt underneath it. Bar area comfortable and breakfast was great with lots of choice, only other issue I had was with the hairdryer when it started smoking, phoned down to reception and it was replaced later that morning. Parking a major problem and cost £24 for the 2 days!

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Hi tracy c,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Slough for your lodging needs, we're glad to have hosted your stay. It's disconcerting to learn that you were letdown by your assigned room's cleanliness and for the inconvenience caused by our parking situation. This is certainly not the impression we'd like to leave any of our guests and be assured that your feedback will be shared with the appropriate departments so we may focus on improving areas that need additional attention. As a gentle reminder though for your next stays, we have limited complimentary parking on-site offered on a first come first serve basis and I;m sorry you were not able to take advantage of it during your stay and had to park at a nearby location with a fee. On the plus side, I'm pleased to know that our efficient staff were able to replace your room's hairdryer when you called Reception and that our bar area and breakfast choices are to your liking.

Thanks again for leaving a review and I hope we get to welcome you back soon for a chance to make your next overnight better than the last.

Warm Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 June 2017

The room is compact, modern, stylish and generally functionally designed. There was a rather neat feature where a single door functioned for the bathroom as a whole and alternatively for the the toilet. Of course, a loo door can only provide so much fascination and joy, but it was interesting nevertheless. A minor design defect was that the flush button is directly behind the toilet lid and so the lid had to be lowered to effect a flush; an offset button would have been better.

The room was clean, adequately furnished and provided a comfortable and restful sleep. The breakfast was limited but more than adequate with very nicely prepared scrambled eggs, beans and sausages as well as fruit, pastries and cereals available.

The real standout was that ALL the staff were very friendly. We chose this hotel as it was located only 20 minutes from Heathrow (unless the M4 and/or M25 were particularly badly behaved). I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel in the future.

Another, hopefully minor, issue is that there are only 34 free parking spots, including three for the differently-abled. With about 142 rooms that could spell disappointment for late comers even though the three differently-abled spots were taken by taken by non differently-abled drivers. An earlier arrival helps secure one of these the free spots. There is overflow (paid) parking available nearby for those missing out.

Room tip: Try to arrive before 6::00 pm to have the better chances of securing one of the free parking spot.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for two nights as part of a few days away with our 2 children to visit Legoland and Windsor.
Staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is clean with an inviting reception-bar-cafe area. The food is a little overpriced with a children's main meal £5.80 and there being no deals for extra courses. The location is very handy next to the train station but we are glad we asked to be in the 'quiet' side - as even on this side if you have the window open at night it gets noisy so closing it and using air con was the way ahead. Whilst we did not have any problems ourselves with parking, the car park gets very full at times and if you spend just a short while in the reception area you soon hear that this is the main issue that people have when at the hotel. Personally if we had to pay a little to park in the adjoining train station car park it wouldn't be the end of the world but everyone loves something for free I guess. Free wifi is great and there is a reasonable selection of food at the included breakfast. If you have any problems the management are are keen and quick to resolve them. We would consider staying again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Linda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

See you soon,