2,164 results
All reviews swimming pool two double beds toby carvery sauna and steam room holiday extras the executive lounge leisure facilities busy hotel hoppa bus car park breakfast was excellent legoland package family room visiting legoland booked this hotel lego land stayed here for one night
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here visiting Legoland and Windsor and enjoyed every night. The hotel is big and busy but the room was nice, had everything we needed and plenty of space in the family double.

Unfortunately my children (age 6 & 8) now only want to ever stay in Marriott hotels because the staff were so good. Highlights for them were whilst exploring the hotel we came across a staff member who was clearing up after a conference. Without prompting he offered the children a small tub of the sweets - cue happy happy children!

Breakfast team similarly kind and sharing in the excitement of Legoland and Housekeeping replied to my daughter's note asking them to look after her toys.

Would return again and recommend to anyone considering as a base for a Lego land break.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank WRC7
Paras S, Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Sirs, Thank you. This is what we try and achieve every day.

My associates your hosts are my main asset and I am very proud of my team and our Marriott culture. (Some of my associates go on line every day to see what our reviews are saying) We focus on our Marriott art of hosting and taking care of our customers by making it BRILLIANT for you. We have some associates with us for over 25 years whom bring great experience to my hotel operation. They are CELEBRITIES with many of our regular guests.

We focus a great deal on families with over 130 of our rooms have 2 double/double beds (WE DON’T HAVE SINGLE BEDS only DOUBLE beds) and some interconnecting rooms with Sofa beds which is great for weekends and the theme park season. Every bedroom has a fridge and tea coffee making facilities. At weekends we have balloons, goodie bags our VIK programme and maybe even popcorn to keep the children amused. We also have the Acca Kappa brand which is very reviving when taking a shower or bath. As the end of the 3rd quarter 2016 we will have finished our bedding project and I have BRAND NEW beds throughout the hotel. Have a look at our website for our bedroom 3D images!!

The breakfast is the highlight of the experience and still the most important meal of the day with over 110 buffet items and a Chef cooking the eggs the way you want them fried or poached. Look out for the wonderful pastries and muffins on the bakery display which we are proud of and our gluten free section. At the weekend, breakfast is VERY busy between 930am and 11am when over 700 guests come together for breakfast. Everyone likes to stay in bed in on a weekend! To avoid the rush come down before 9am!

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed for a work event. The room wasn't available in the morning when we arrived so they organised a luggage room for us all & had our room keys laid out ready for easy check in when we arrived back late at night. Room was lovely & a very comfy bed.

My only slight disappointment was with the food. The breakfast in the morning had a lot of options but very disappointed that a hotel such as this doesn't use free range eggs.
Also, the 24hr room service menu is extremely expensive with a very limited selection.

Generally a good stay however.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Sirs, Thank you for the review.

I am glad you found our rooms clean. My Executive Housekeeper and her team will be proud of these comments as they work so hard to maintain our Marriott standards and clean 382 rooms every day!

I have noted your comments regarding Breakfast & 24hr Room Service menu. We normally get amazing reviews about our breakfast.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Another Marriot living up to proven wrong approach to charge for internet - a basic need for a traveller. Not everyone needs an access to a gym, or garden view but all of us need Internet connectivity.

Someone booked this trip for me but next time I will make sure it's not a hotel that charges for Internet.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Paras S, Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Sirs, Thank you for the review.

I have noted your comments on Wi-Fi. We do charge between £5 and £20 for 24 hours in the bedrooms but offer FREE WIFI in ALL our public areas (Lobby, Chats Bar and our Brasserie restaurant all located on the ground floor). If you are a Marriott rewards member you get FREE WIFI, so if your not a member SIGN UP on arrival and you get FREE WIFI its costs you nothing to sign up.

We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying at my hotel. Hope you are enjoying our BRAND NEW BEDS. Thank you for travelling BRILLIANTLY with Marriott and experiencing one of our 19 brands from over 4,200 hotels in 81 countries! Have a look at our website under rooms and related documents for our bedroom 3D images!!. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel whenever your travel brings you back to slough.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Stayed here at the end of July 2016 with my Family. The hotel itself was nice and the food was excellent. the junior suite was spacious and the pizza making for the kids in the evening was an excellent touch. It wasn't until I got home that responsibility and communication was inadequate.

2 weeks after I returned I noticed a charge of £219 to my Debit card for food/drink that I paid for at checkout (thankfully I kept the receipts). between numerous emails and telephone calls to Deepak (front office Assistant Mgr) he finally accepted that it was the hotels incompetence that caused this error. I was offered free breakfast & parking on my next visit. I live in Ireland so the chances of me visiting again are virtually nil. They say they couldn't transfer this to another Marriott Hotel in Ireland.

So finally on Thursday 1st September 2016 my money was returned to my debit card. Just the 31 days after I checked out. I wouldn't think this is acceptable.

Then the following day 2nd September the £219 was taken out again. I have called the hotel but still awaiting a response. someone else's money must be more important .
I don't know how long a hotel can hold onto my card details?? I am not convinced this is the end of this saga as it is ongoing.

Folks keep your receipts.

I am so annoyed today I decided to put this review up after the money was taken out the second time. Couldn't be bothered being fobbed off listening to lazy excuses. Now hopefully the manager will take action and return my money and I don't have to go chasing for MY MONEY for another 2 weeks.

Don't reply and say this is an isolated incident because if you read back through the reviews 3 weeks ago a reviewer had the same experience. So obviously lessons have not been learnt from the last incident.

MANAGER - Speak to Deepak and call me when this has been resolved. You have my details.

Not a happy man.

B.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BYP74
Paras S, Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Sirs, I am glad you were happy with the overall hotel. My apologies for the inconvenience you have faced regarding the debit card charge. I have just had a meeting to discuss your feedback with my team. We are looking into the situation and one of my team members will be contacting you soon.

Thank you again for your honest feedback and we have learnt from this. I do hope we can welcome you back to my hotel whenever your travel brings you back to slough.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 4 September 2016

A very good hotel by any criteria. Well used by top end airline staff, business folk and families. Nicely set up rooms. Extremely professional and helpful staff. However... their recommendations for taxis to Heathrow £28!! (try Riviera Travel £18), expensive hotel breakfast & dinners... (try the Toby Carvery across the road or 5 minute drive to Colnbrook for The Ostrich pub) . Huge car park where you can arrange to leave your car if travelling abroad.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank OldWulf
Paras S, Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Sirs, I am glad you enjoyed my hotel and team.

I note your comments regarding taxi, food and drink prices.