2,166 results
All reviews swimming pool two double beds toby carvery sauna and steam room holiday extras the executive lounge leisure facilities busy hotel hoppa bus car park breakfast was excellent legoland package family room visiting legoland booked this hotel lego land stayed here for one night
Reviewed 9 April 2016

I've stayed about 10 times in this hotel for business. The rooms are very similar to other Marriott Hotels: spacious, clean, comfy beds, feel a bit dated. The staff is very helpful and welcoming and happy to help wherever they can. The gym is spacious, clean and well equipped.

I am however disappointed with a few things which takes my overall impression from 4 down to a 3.

Room service breakfast: I ordered a fresh orange juice from the room service breakfast menu and eggs on toast. The orange juice I received was not fresh and neither a high quality quality one. The toast was burnt and there was neither salt or pepper for the eggs. Felt cheated and did not have room service after that first stay.

Executive Rooms: during my last stay I was booked in an Executive Room. At checkin in the afternoon (an hour after official check-in open) I was told my room was not available yet and I may have to wait 2-3 hours for it to be ready. Alternatively I could have a Standard Room, however I would still have to pay the rate for the pricier Executive Room. I insisted that this would not be acceptable and that I would either stay in a room I paid for or stay in a standard room for the lower rate. After a while an Executive room was found. On the website it states that guests with Executive Rooms have access to the lounge, however I was not granted access despite having booked and staying in an Executive Room.

Additional blankets: I tend to get cold in the evening and asked for an additional blanket. I did receive a blanket, but it was really smelly and definitely did not appear to be fresh. As it was dark brown, I can not comment on how clean it was, but decided not to use it.

Overall, good comfy beds which is a big plus. Quiet rooms. Decent internet connection. Friendly staff. So ok for a business trip, but would not pick it for a family or holiday trip.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Dear Sirs, I am glad you love my staff, beds and gym and I note your constructive comments which I will discuss with my team.

We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying at my hotel. I can see you are enjoying our BRAND NEW BEDS. Thank you for travelling BRILLIANTLY with Marriott and experiencing one of our 19 brands from over 4,200 hotels in 81 countries!

Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Always a joy to stay here. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The place is clean and it's so handy for the airport with the shuttle.

We always stay here when travelling to and from Heathrow. Wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

TIP: Join the rewards scheme.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sirs, What a lovely review and your right JOIN the Marriott Rewards programme and get FREE WIFI in any Marriott you stay.We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying at my hotel.

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay at the Marriott. Staff friendly and attentive, they couldn't do enough for us. Our stay was part of a legoland break. The children were made a fuss of which was lovely.

Breakfast was fantastic and the range was fantastic. Food was fresh and good quality, dinning room staff were also wonderful!!

My only very minor criticism were the pillows for me they were too soft but not something worth complaining about.

Thanks for a great stay!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Dear Sirs, A wonderful review thank you. Chef and his team have worked very hard this past 6 months on reviewing menus and quality of food and it is lovely to get your feedback.

The breakfast is the highlight of the experience and still the most important meal of the day with over 110 buffet items and a Chef cooking the eggs the way you want them fried or poached. Look out for the wonderful pastries and muffins on the bakery display which we are proud of and our gluten free section. At the weekend, breakfast is VERY busy between 930am and 11am when over 700 guests come together for breakfast. Everyone likes to stay in bed in on a weekend! To avoid the rush come down before 9am!

We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying at my hotel. Hope you are enjoying our BRAND NEW BEDS I note your comments on the pillows.Thank you for travelling BRILLIANTLY with Marriott and experiencing one of our 19 brands from over 4,200 hotels in 81 countries!

Reviewed 7 April 2016

Stayed one night in a family room at The Windsor Marriott hotel. The hotel accommodation was excellent and had everything we needed. It was nice to see the touches of free toiletries and an ironing board. What made the stay exceptional was the high level of customer service given by all the staff at the Marriott. The staff couldn't do enough for you. It was my son's birthday and they sent up a wonderful piece of birthday cake on a chocolate decorated plate. They also gave the children free gifts which they loved. The lady who checked us in to our room with the dark hair (apologies but I've forgotten her name, began with an M) was an asset to the hotel. She was so welcoming and interacted with the children. The breakfast in the morning was really good and varied. The staff in the dining area were very helpful and attentive. I can recommend the fresh waffles! We didn't get chance to try out the swimming pool but if the standard of everything else at the hotel was the same then I'm sure it would've been great. Can't speak highly enough of this hotel. If you want a comfortable place to stay and expect top service then this is the place for you.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Dear Sirs, WOW what a review thank you. We focus a great deal on families with over 130 of our rooms have 2 double/double beds (WE DON’T HAVE SINGLE BEDS only DOUBLE beds) and some interconnecting rooms with Sofa beds which is great for weekends and the theme park season.

Every bedroom has a fridge and tea coffee making facilities. At weekends we have balloons, goodie bags our VIK programme and maybe even popcorn to keep the children amused. We also have the Acca Kappa brand which is very reviving when taking a shower or bath. As the end of December 2015 we finished our bedding project and I have BRAND NEW beds throughout the hotel.

We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying at my hotel. Hope you are enjoying our BRAND NEW BEDS. Thank you for travelling BRILLIANTLY with Marriott and experiencing one of our 19 brands from over 4,200 hotels in 81 countries!

Reviewed 6 April 2016

We stayed here with our 7-year old daughter as part of a Legoland package. Very attentive staff, Lovely spacious and clean room with a decently powered shower and comfortable beds, superb choice at breakfast with no compromise on quality and excellent location for Legoland. Of particular merit is the way in which they welcomed our daughter from the moment we arrived (V.I.K - Very important Kid 'pass', cup, popcorn, balloons etc.) to the moment we left. At breakfast staff took time to talk to her (as opposed to us 'oldies' :-)) and even served hot chocolate with marshmallows to accompany the pastries. Thanks to all the staff for making it such an enjoyable stay. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Legoland.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sirs, You highlight all our personal connections that we try and achieve with our leisure customers. Thank You !