1,074 results
All reviews visiting legoland legoland package good size two double beds activity pack tea and coffee kids eat free family room lego land plenty of parking buffet style restaurant staff would stay again stayed here for one night car parking hot food following morning
Reviewed 22 December 2015

I stayed 6 nights in December second week.
Positives:
1. Staff was very cooperative. I checked in quite early, though the check in time is 2 PM, I was given room in 20 minutes
2. Breakfast included- you get basis breakfast, no complaints. If they can change the menu for each day of week, it will be good, just a suggestion. Since I stayed for 6 days, eating same breakfast was boring
3. Rooms are good, clean.
4. Free Wi-Fi internet
5. Near to Slough station, convenient.
6. Conference rooms at very competitive price.
7. Bar and restaurant available, though slightly expensive

Negatives
1. Early in the morning, there was no hot water in the bathroom. this was really frustrating
2. Since Train track is very nearby, every time train passes thru, it can be disturbing, specially when you need good sleep. Hotel provides earplug though.

Overall its a good hotel.

Room tip: Choose room at higher floor, avoid rooms on rail track side.
Reviewed 15 December 2015

My experience of the hotel did not start off well. The small car park was full and I was directed to park outside the train station at a cost of £11 and then walk round to the hotel. I didn't expect to not be able to park onsite.

There was only one girl on reception so I had to wait 15 minutes to check in. The room is modern and the bed comfortable. there was a shower (no bath) but that was fine for one night.

This hotel is right next to Slough main train station. Therefore a lot of the rooms (at the back or right hand side of the hotel) are right next to the train station. I was woken early in the morning wondering what on earth the noise was and realised it was a train.

Breakfast is very basic. A couple of cereals, toast machine, and scrambled egg and sausage. No bacon, no hash browns or anything else that makes a hotel breakfast a bit more interesting.

For £65 it was ok, but I wouldn't return.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel ie away from the railway noise
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Dear SusanBCamberley,

Firstly please allow we to thank you for reviewing your stay with Holiday Inn. I am sorry to hear that as a brand we have not met your expectations. I believe that you have probably posted your feedback for another hotel, we are the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor not the hotel by the train station.Regardless of this, I trust you ill fully enjoy your next stay with Holiday Inn and we look forward to welcome you back! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Reviewed 14 December 2015

I stayed here on business last week. Check in was straightforward as I arrived mid afternoon but later in the evening i visited the bar with some customers and it was an ordeal every time I wanted to be served. Some people who had been staying for a few months laughed, shrugged and said it's always like that. The check in process got worse for other clients checking in later too - it all took so long as there was only one person on duty. Sleep and room quality were good but the whole staff thing would stop me staying again.

Dear John M,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. I am genuinely sorry to hear your comments about our service, we are very passionate and genuine about providing great customer service. We have already discussed your comments as a team and I feel we have taken some very positive learning from it, thank you again for giving us this opportunity. I can assure you that these are not our normal standards and I trust you will give us the opportunity to prove this point on your next stay! Thank you again, have a great weekend and Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 10 December 2015

We arrived on a Sunday, a group of around thirty. We were quickly given access to our rooms that were typical smart bedrooms to Holiday Inns normal standard. At 7 we went down for dinner and were quite disappointed with the offering. Lack of staff, average food that constantly ran out. The duty manager Emanuel did a sterling job trying to satisfy our needs but was fighting a losing battle. We were all dreading breakfast but were met my Eva who was quite outstanding ensuring all our demands were met. The evening meal on our second day was greatly improved, once again Emanuel to the rescue. On our final night a new manager had arrived and a transformation took place, tables laid properly, bottled water good staffing, Emanuel in attendance again. The result was a group of very happy diners. I complement the chef who I think was working on a very tight budge, the budget needs addressing quickly. Holiday Inn has great base here, the staff are fine. the food must improve. Our party used the Stratford on Avon site last year, it is outstanding, one area that could be quickly improved is the layout of the food areas, the one for drinks is very bad and could be sorted in ten minutesM

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Vinylment
Reviewed 9 December 2015

In summary, the room was great, well laid out, newly refurbished. The bed was not great, nothing like as good as a travel lodge. The breakfast was shockingly bad. You had three people working, the one was off 90% of the time on his phone, One was off half the time, and when he as working he was so unbelievably slow and completely lazy, no attention to the lack of food on the buffet, and seemed in a world of his own. The girl, who was lovely, was completely overworked, because she was so badly supported by the other two. Coffee - had filter coffee served in a cafeteria , had no vegetarian sausages, despite being on the menu. If the hotel had any inspectors, you would see and feel that they have just given up,on the restaurant. The food was always running out...

Dear Fat_Jeff,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience of the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. Please allow me to apologize for not fully meeting your expectations, we reviewed your comments at great length. I can assure you that these are not our normal standards, as a team we are very passionate about great customer service and we look forward to prove it to you on your next stay. As another note the phone mentioned in your notes represents the room service handset, we acknowledge that on the day we have an unexpected amount of room service orders and we have since put in place a process to prevent this situations from re-occurring. Thank you again, have a great weekend and Merry Christmas!