“Excellent Italian Restaurant ”

Terranova Restaurant
Price range: USD 40 - USD 79
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We really love this Ristorante.

Set on the lake, exclusive and special surroundings.

Food is traditional Italian, comprehensive menu and Wine list, overhaul excellent quality.

Service is friendly and efficient, this is the best Ristorante in South Hertfordshire

Note Mondays are closed!

1  Thank pdcs4

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We hadn't been to the Terranova for quite a few years so thought we would give it a try again. It is a very friendly restaurant and the service is good and roughly the same price as others in the area. However when it comes to flavours something is very lacking. We have a number of very good Italian restaurants in Welwyn to take advantage of and sadly this one is not at the top of the list. It is in a nice position but that doesn't make up for lack of flavours. Will not rush back.

1  Thank evo_evans
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Went this evening as a meal deal with barn theatre ...with my daughter & friend ..excellent & friendly service and fantasic food (plenty of choices) ..thank you

1  Thank davidbonner
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Took my other half to this place, just wanted to have a range of starters, was told by the waiter "I won't do that, you have to have mains as well". Never ever been told at any restaurant what I can or cannot order. As the customers we decide what we want to eat from the menu not the waiter! Also we are British born Indians and sensed a bit of attitude towards us. Got up and left straightway.

Response from the owner
Sorry
But what you said was
We just want to have a snack and I replied sorry we don't do snacks you can have a snack at the cafe next door
We welcome everybody in the restaurant but not for snack or just drink
Sorry

UPDATE 7/09/17 to your response: What we said was that we wanted is a few starters from the menu to see if we like the taste of your food, we never said we won't have mains. Besides we have never been declined to have a bunch of different starters, your staff member walked away from us arrogantly, with his hands behind his back. Had we wanted snacks you foolish idiots, we would have gone next door. We had to walk away due to your arrogance. Unfortunately for you, I am a marketing specialist and will leave further bad feedback for you on various other sites, until you apologise for your bad service, I will keep this marketing campaign going. For goodness sake, why can't businesses such as yours take examples from other outstanding restaurants, that apologises for their mistakes and say they will do everything to improve next time.

7  Thank J K
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Had dinner with family at Terranova Restuarant on a Saturday this summer. Lovely sunny evening overlooking Stanborough Lakes and it was glorious. Made even better by the super menu with my starter of king prawns followed by my steak which is always exceptional and then complemented for my families more Italian style of choices. Service very quick and when we got round the style of humour by one of the waiters he was friendly and chatty. Their own parking is a bit limited but the pay public one is only 50 metres away. Tricky going in from the road (only one way so you have to turn back depending on which way you arrive from)

2  Thank drobinson8