“Lovely Birthday Meal”

Coopers Grill House
Description: Located We 'steak' our reputation on steak, but we also cook up some incredible chicken, Salmon and Ribs, Delicious burgers, sandwiches, salads and sides to perfectly accompany your mains. No matter what you choose from our delectable menu we can guarantee that your taste buds will be thank you.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a little gem of a place in Welwyn Garden City. It's away from the town centre, so even though we were there on a Friday evening it seemed very quiet. It's a shame because it's a lovely eatery and I hope business picks up for them.

The staff here are excellent, very friendly and welcoming.

The food is very good and the portions are generally very large. I had a burger which was huge, although the people that had the steaks in our party, had enormous plates of food! For starter I had the stuffed mushrooms which were nice, but I was glad not to chose the baked Camenbert,although I'm sure it tasted lovely the portion size is really big enough for 4 people to share for a starter!

I'm sure we'll be back again!

Luiza D, General Manager at Coopers Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your evening and look forward to welcome you back very soon.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Second visit for us, it was a cold, wet evening, so expected it to be quiet, it was, but had a reasonable number of diners. Staff were very good, very friendly. My partner had the baked Camembert, it looked very nice and she really enjoyed it, I chose the stuffed mushrooms, which were OK, but lacked a little flavour. Main course for my partner was a special, Monkfish, I think she enjoyed it, the plate was spotless, it looked really good. I chose a burger, with the option of single or double, I was expecting the burger to be quite thin, so chose the double, I was so wrong, the burgers were huge, ad in avocado, halloumi, it stood six inches high and was delicious, but very filling, next time I’ll just have a single. It’s a lovely place, but hope business picks up, as our previous visit was on a Saturday and was only half full, but deserves to be busier because of the staff, food and value for money.

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback!
Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Over the past 6 months we've visited about 5 or 6 times. If we could go every week we would.
The food is delicious. The staff are so so lovely and the whole atmosphere is perfect for us.
The carvery is incredible!! Such good value for the amount of choice you get and it's all so tasty. Sometimes carverys are a risk, not here! If your there on a Sunday you haveeee to have one!
Another must is any of the burgers. I think we've tried nearly all of then now!
The staff are so super friendly and professional. They pay extra special attention to our 8 year old and 4 month old, which is so lovely to feel like we are all welcome and not a massive inconvience because we have children with us.
We will be back time and time again! Thank you for being sooooo good!

Hello,
thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
We are delighted that you loved our food and atmosphere.
Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.
Regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We absolutely adore this place. FRESH food with a variety of specials from the fish market....... which is always Delicious! The staff are so warm & friendly. They are very flexible with changes you want to make & nothing is too much trouble. I have allergies & I was really impressed with there knowledge of the ingredients. Even coming back to double check on a query. On Mondays they have blue plate dishes that are £8 for a main & £4 for starter & dessert which are great value. I almost want to keep this place a secret because once people find out about it we will never get a table. Great food, great value, great decor & ambience! It's so good we are back on Friday for there Fizzy Friday. Book for a table of 4 & you receive a free bottle of prosecco !

Thank you for your kind words.
Myself and the team are very glad that you had a great time when visiting us and we all hope you come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Thought we would try this for a change and were pleasantly surprised. Visited on a weekday evening, quite early and very quiet with only 1 other table occupied for food that I could see. We were sat quite close to the only other occupied table of 4 in a small area just off the bar where there are 4 tables quite close together. The decor is a rather eclectic mix which I liked and the welcome was very friendly. A good start. Good choice of food and I ordered lobster (one of my all time faves!) and my partner fish. Now for a little negative/observation, sorry. Whilst waiting for our food 2 other groups turned up, another couple and a family of 3. Both were sat in the same small area as us and I felt that the family of 3 were almost on our table and it felt a little uncomfortable! Why do restaurants do this? I guess it is easier for them but with so much room why not spread the occupancy of the tables out a bit to give some privacy? I understand if it is busy but then if it is busy there will be a bit more noise and therefore you wouldn't have to worry so much about being overheard and it wouldn't matter so much. The food arrived,the portions are a good size and the food was excellent. Mine came on a wooden platter which was a bit different but I think I still prefer a proper plate!. Service was very good and not rushed. Great desserts and coffee. I definitely recommend and we will be back. Sorry about my little niggles but nothing that detracted from the quality of food and service and nothing that couldn't be changed.

Thank you for your lovely feedback.
Looking forward to welcome you again soon!
Coopers team