“Good pre-theatre supper”

Cote Brasserie - Welwyn Garden City
Price range: USD 20 - USD 39
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices.
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We were in a rush, so didn't stand on ceremony and went straight for 'mains'. My chicken salad was really good and I was pleased that there was no balsamic involved and the side of chips were good a tasty, not over salted or greasy. My companion really enjoyed her 'quick chicken' and said the sauce was tasty. I had a quick glass of rose which went down a treat. So the food was pretty good, fairly standard for this type of restaurant and I have to admit I've never had bad food in any Cote Brasserie.
The staff were friendly and attentive and the service was fast, just as we needed it to be. I shall go again another type when I have more time and on Katie W's recommendation will try the veggie sausages.
Loos were clean although there are steps in the restaurant so you'd need to check on accessibility if necessary.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The food is usually good and the service varies from very good to very poor depending on your luck and the wind!
A couple of bad experiences out of about 10 visits...the veggie breakfast is great and the veg sausage is really good! (as mentioned on other reviews) however being brought a normal meat sausage as compensation for an omitted avocado was quite a considerable mistake and I am giving the restaurant a miss for a while to allow the staffing situation to settle and mature.
Hope the situation improved when i try again

1  Thank Glenn M
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Went with my husband to Cote in Welwyn Garden City for lunch. We were most impressed. The restaurant is very spacious, so that even at a time when fairly busy, diners were not on top of each other. We went for the special two course menu (£11.50), me the Breton chicken and my other half the belly pork. Both were delicious as were the desserts - apple pie, and chocolate mousse. Service was first class, although fairly busy we were served speedily and courteously. A welcome addition to the restaurant scene in Welwyn Garden City - we will certainly visit again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Love breakfast here, the breakfast deal with coffee and juice is a real filler and very tasty. Love love love the veggie breakfast and the coffee is lovely too. I’ve never had dinner at Côté but lunch for a veggie doe t offer too many options (but it is a French restaurant so not surprising).

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Good food, good value and nice atmosphere and very good service. Thoughly enjoy our visits to this Resturant and intend to have many more meals there .