“Plenty of choice”
Review of The Bakehouse

The Bakehouse
Price range: USD 9 - USD 20
Description: The Bakehouse invites you to dine with us, We offer a Mouthwatering Carvery and a Delicious A La Carte Menu for all the Family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The Bakehouse is certainly well suited to cater for young families and the staff are welcoming and helpful. The menu offers excellent choices with the added plus of a carvery. We chose from the menu and did not have to wait too long. There were six of us and we all selected something different and nobody had any complaints. The food is good. The restaurant was not busy and it was disappointing to have to wait a little too long for the plates to be cleared. I would definitely go again.

TheBakehouseWGC, General Manager at The Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

We look forward to seeing you again! I will bring your points up about the wait for the plates to be cleared with the team but also pass on your kind words about the service and food. Thank you again

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Been here three times in the last 6 months and every time the food has been disgusting! No flavour, meat isn't great or the nicest to chew, came her for Mother's Day and I can say my mother wasn't impressed either, not a place I will be returning to anytime soon, I wouldn't recommend the roasts here either

TheBakehouseWGC, General Manager at The Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hi Tyler

I am extremely sorry you feel this way. We serve hundreds of roasts every week and get very good feedback but unfortunately we have let you down. I would like to make it up to you if you would give me a call I would appreciate that. My number is 01707 830 196, I hope to speak to you soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The food is excellent especially the carvery and nice to have a vegetarian carvery
Children has lots to choose from
Nice and big and very welcoming
Great for children as they have an area to play and climbing frame outside with lots of seats
Definitely recommend

Hi Sharon

Cheers for your excellent feedback! We definitely expect to see you back soon! Give me a shout when you are next in so I can thank you myself for your kind words.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Went here today for family meal, staff could not have been nicer lovely clean pub very buisy but set out so you get your own privacy, carvery was great value for money and was lovely, as was the steak we ordered, only down side was the kids meal, didn't look very appetising shaped nuggets and a hand full of dried chips!! Although my son ate it he did comment it wasn't good, shame they don't do proper chicken chunk nuggets instead of Birdseye shapes !!, Overall great value for money less than £50 for 5 meals and drinks , would deffo return but kids meals do need to be bit better.

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your family enjoyed their visit. I will pass on your feedback about the kids meal to our chefs and do believe that keeping the little ones happy is just as important as the adults. We look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Visited today for Sunday lunch. Pleasant surroundings, friendly staff and tasty food! Will definitely visit again.

My only recommendation would be to introduce a wine lower in volume than the pinot grigio we had today (12.5% vol) and reflect these percentages in the menu.

My mum enjoys a glass of wine with her lunch but this was a bit strong for her. Thank you.

TheBakehouseWGC, General Manager at The Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi Shawn

Thank you for your kind words and great feedback. I have also taken on your recommendation for when our wine list is changed later on in the year.

We Look Forward to Seeing You Soon