I stayed here with my husband, and elderly mother. We had just travelled through the beautiful scenery and then arrived at Craigdendarroch. In was surrounded by pine trees and very dark and dingy with no views. The sign posting was terrible and it took nearly an hour of driving around before we found the reception. There was a long queue and only 2 staff members on duty. They seemed to be sorting a lot of problems out/. Eventually we got the house number for our accommodation and went to find it. The resort was very hilly but there was no mention of it on their site. There were hardly any walking paths so you had to walk on the roads. We went into our accommodation and found the bedrooms on the ground floor. The bedrooms were fine nothing special about them but the bathrooms although looked good were very badly designed. To get into one bathroom you opened the door, then had to skirt around it and shut it just to get into it and then there was a door stop just before the toilet. If you had to go in there without any shoes on you would stubb your toes or you could have tripped and fell. The stairs were the next shocked. They were steep and narrow and twisty with no hand rail. It took nearly an hour to get my disabled mother up the stairs. We went and complained that the accommodation was unsuitable and dangerous and we eventually got another house which was more accessible the next Afternoon, we had to stay there overnight. The outside balconies were not maintained and very dirty. They had not been cleaned in a long while. The lounge area was beautiful but the kitchen area again was dangerous. To open the badly designed cupboards I would get at least one finger trapped and crushed. To open the cupboard with the party susan that would fly around and trap a finger and that really hurt. The fridge door when opening would fly back and you would have to jump out of the way. The switches for the lighting etc was a nightmare. There was a large panel and although clearly marked, at night when it was dark you unable to find the correct s witch as there were about 9 of them all closely together. Inches above the bank of switches was a firebell alarm system with various switches on them. One night when I was sound asleep my mother went into the lounge area, she went to put on the light and accidently switched the fire alam on, (it was dark and the alarms was just above the bank of switches) It sounded through the house and the surounding houses in the rank. I ran upstairs in the dark because I thought there was a fire and fumbled to find a light switch. When I eventually found a light switch I then realised what my Mum had done. She was standing there tramatised and I found the Fire alarm bell switches and proceeded to turn them off, only they wouldn't turn off. This went on for around 20 minutes, the bell deafening. I rang the reception who said they would find the security. Evetually I managed to turn off the alarm system but I still had to wait for the security. Needless to say, I never got much sleep that night. Why an elaborate alarm system was put just above a bank of light switches is beyond me. Any child could have put them on. I was so glad I never had young children with me as it was completely unsafe for them. The Hotel was closed when we were there, but the leisure centre was opened. It was a beautiful place and the swimming pool was large and spacious and the best pool I have ever seen. The gym was well equipped and there was a snooker table and sitting areas. It was ashame about the accommodation. When we went off touring the surrounding area, we were surprised that a lot of the places were closed in the winter months and wouldn't be open until April.