“SCRUMPTIOUS”

Jacqueline's Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Colchester
Price range: USD 4 - USD 11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer a simple but varied selection of light lunches, sweet and savoury delights, and are also very proud to offer a wide range of homemade gluten free products including an indulgent afternoon or high tea. We have a variety of over 40 loose leaf teas (and growing) and are sure to satisfy any palate. You'll always find 3 different teas freshly brewed for sampling every day, so please do come along and have a taste!
Reviewed 5 June 2017

A friend and I decided to see what delights Colchester had to offer us and made a day-trip of it. Tempted by the reviews here, we chose to book a table for afternoon tea. First impression on the phone was excellent with some very helpful advice about timings of trains but the first hand experience was even better than expectations had led us. Well designed menus are divided into tea-types offering plenty of choice including tasters from their daily brews, neither were to our taste so we opted for their own blend which was perfect. Now onto the serious business of the sandwiches, cakes and scones. A wonderful selection, beautifully served by attentive and friendly staff. In our considerable afternoon tea-going experience, this has been a highlight well done Jacqueline and save us a table for our return.

There are newer reviews for Jacqueline's Tea Room

Reviewed 5 June 2017

The tea rooms are very sweet, lovely atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff. I went with a friend and we very happily polished off a delicious selection of sandwiches,cakes and scones with jam and cream. We helped this along with their house blend of tea and a splendid bottle of prosecco. Had great fun, would definitely return.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Met up here this afternoon for my daughters birthday. It's a lovely place to go for tea. The atmosphere is friendly. The staff were brilliant with my energetic two year old grandson. We had afternoon tea, which consisted of sandwiches, cakes and scones. All beautifully presented and very scrummy. Plenty of tea in the pot. A gem of a team room

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Jacqueline's Tea Room in Colchester is a lovely relaxing place to spend an hour or so. It has recreated an olde world charm.
The staff are helpful and knowledgeable in relation to the tea and town.
Its friendly with no rush.
The only drawback that I experienced as I went to visit the gents toilet , on the first floor, was that the fire escape door next to the toilet, had a combination lock on it. I tried to open the door, but was unable to do so!
The combination was required!! So in the event of a fire on the ground floor, a person using the upstairs part of the tea room, there are tables and chairs on the first floor, and the toilet, would be unable to make their escape.

I pointed this defect out to the manager and I hope it has been corrected now. I haven't been able to return to the tea room so I cant comment further.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Popped in while out shopping today, they have a very large selections of teas etc.

Venue is clean and tidy kitted put in vintage 40's style which adds to its charm. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Only had a drink on this occasion but noticed they were serving afternoon tea and it looked lovely.