“Very nice indeed”

Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Dropped into here on our way to the garden centre, hadn't had a good morning so wanted some nice food in a nice place!! We plumped for the patatas bravas and the RD club sandwich and coffees. The service was great, extremely friendly from both the waitress and the owner, who was extremely amusing. The coffee was good and the food was fab, the patatas bravas was served with crusty bread and was delicious and filling. The club sandwich (with a fried egg) wow was huge and served with a little pot of coleslaw and garnish, the only thing I can say is that it was served on a wooden board and it was slightly small for the sandwich, it kept falling off whilst you was trying to eat it, but this is just a very minor point. All in all a very good spot and we would definitely go again.

There are newer reviews for The Red Dog Cafe

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Found this place via Trip Advisor as an alternative breakfast menu for a larger family group. We had a private room (wine cellar!) which sat about 12 people fairly comfortably. Good range of breakfast options including the traditional fry and several other choices. Service good and price not too bad either - ty it!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We choose this place following tripadvisors reviews, as we were passing by.
There are a few burgers but only one of us had a burger. The food was really tasty, no doubt but something went wrong with my order. The waitress fixed it straight away and I thought the owner's reaction was really good. Mistakes happen the reaction is the most important. So nothing to fault there.
I still think it's weird to have a dog in a kitchen, I know it's sometimes accepted in pubs but food and pets for me don't go together.
Nice place, very nice food, and good waiters.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Stopped off on a wet Sunday afternoon to be greeted by Charlotte (If I got the wrong It's only because you said the burger was named after you) who was on top form, witty yet dry sense of humour which both myself and my partner thought was brilliant.

I couldn't resist the burger menu and settled on the "Charlotte's Mouth" which was simply amazing, lots ingredients all of which worked really well together. I'd of liked a fried egg on it which in my opinion really makes a burger extra special (maybe something to add onto the menu as an extra?) my partner being a Vegetarian had The Pretender" which she thought was equally nice.

Nice atmosphere in a lovely setting, brought back memories for me as I can remember it when it used to be a pub and had the separate function room on the side (Yes I am THAT old)

We'll 100% be back, so much more on the menu to try!!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We had been to visit a nearby business selling camping equipment. It rained!!! And we were looking for somewhere to get a warm drink. The route home was diverted and we came across the Red Dog. What a gem!! We were greet at the door and allowed to pick a table. I suspect it would not be the case at busy times. Menus were explained and we (group of 4) eventually decided to sample the brilliant burger menu. Can't speak for everyone in the group but would thoroughly recommend the 'squealer' burger. Very partial to a burger (Maccy D will do at a push) and this was one of the best I have eaten. Not cheap but good value for money considering g the quality. Would consider going back when not soggy due to rain at tent viewing venue