“Great vegetarian options ”
Review of Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay
Ranked #112 of 541 Restaurants in Colchester
Description: Turtle Bay is an informal, immersive dining experience. Across our 44 restaurants (and counting), we bring the Caribbean sunshine with our signature dishes, cool island cocktails and classic beats. Our guests love our cocktails and mocktails as much as our jerk chicken, and our beach shack-style bar and veranda are the perfect locations for guests to make their own ‘Island Moment’. Everything we do is designed to ensure that guests can share food and drink with friends and family, while simply relaxing without any purpose. This is where you come in. Creating such a laid-back experience every day and every night is a lot harder than it looks, which is why our team is the best in the business. We need the positivity, proactivity, professionalism and personality that keep our guests coming back for more. Be part of the Bay way.
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Popped in early evening with friends. Excellent choice of veggie dishes. I shared the veggie platter and the mushroom and halloumi burger. I really liked all the different elements of the veggie platter , apart from the sweet corn fritters which were quite stodgy and not very flavoursome. The plantain was excellent as was the okra. The burger was tasty and the skinny fries were nicely spiced. Very reasonable pricing and lots of other dishes I would like to go back and try.
Definitely worth a visit.

Billy J, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi Nicky,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate your feedback! So pleased you loved our selection of veggie dishes! we try our best to cater for everyone! I must say I'm sorry to hear the sweetcorn fritters were not up to scratch as these are one of my favourite dishes! Let me know where you're next in and I will male sure you try a perfect portion of them!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Took our granddaughter for a treat , and us of course , friendly staff and nice food , party atmosphere also , reasonably priced , the one downside for me personally is the music is very loud , I like music and I am not being an old misery but I have a problem hearing people without lip reading or saying pardon all the time , liked Turtle Bay very much , we all know enjoyed our food just conversation was tricky !!!!!

Billy J, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for your review! I'm so pleased you had a great experience with us here at Turtle Bay. We are one of the few places left that you would describe as a 'chameleon venue', and as the night goes on we slowly change from a restaurant into the best bar on the high street. It may be the case that we 'peaked too soon' and the volume was a little loud, so please accept my apologies.

I hope that we will see you all back very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We visited as a group on a work lunch today. We had not made a booking but this wasn’t a problem as the staff were friendly and quick to seat us. We were served promptly by our waitress Naomi who gave us great suggestions from the menu as some of us didn’t like spicy food. The food was delivered quickly and was delicious! Will definitely be returning soon!

Billy J, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Sasha,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent visit with us! Were so pleased you had a fantastic experience. We look forward to welcoming you all back very soon! We now have a set lunch time menu which is great value and would highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Visited with my boyfriend on Sunday 24th at about 5ish, the restaurant was quiet and we were seen to quickly. Our waitress, who I don’t know the name of but had blonde hair, was so lovely. She was so helpful when recommending and explaining dishes and really was so nice letting me take my uneaten food home! As well as the service being brilliant the food was to die for! We will definitely be back soon and would recommend the goat curry to everyone! Brilliant first experience!

Billy J, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi Rosie,

Firstly, a big thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it.

Im so pleased you had a great experience with us, and I will be sure to pass on your comments to your waitress, who think was Eva.
Make sure you download our App before your next visit so you can start earning Turtle Points with every transaction!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We had lunch and cocktails and it was very nice. Service was excellent , surroundings very pleasant … the place had a nice feel to it .
Only criticism I have is there were 3 of us that are dairy intolerant and they could not serve coffee with a milk alternative like almond, soya or coconut. Something to consider for the future please …… a Latte would have finished off my meal perfectly :)

Hi,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Were all really pleased that you had a great experience with us and enjoyed the cocktails! Did you know that we are now taking bookings for drinking only tables too?

In regards to the coffee, I do apologise, but currently we simply do just not get the uptake for coffee in general and so it is hard for us to supply milk alternatives as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!