“Sunday lunch ”

Double Barrel Steakhouse
Ranked #24 of 333 Restaurants in Rotherham
Price range: USD 3 - USD 84
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Double Barrel Steakhouse is now under new management since June 2016 and benefits from a full refurbishment now featuring new Champagne Lounge and Barn themed Restaurant. Along with a very tasty new menu the steakhouse benefits from a specialist artisan English wine bar next door which is a great place to meet up with friends before and after dining. The wine bar is equipped with lots of outdoor seating and a children's play centre to keep the the kids entertained while you relax unwind with a drink. There is also a coffee shop concession serving sandwiches, tea/coffee and cake from 9am till late. The complex is open and serving you food 9am to 9pm Monday to Sunday, we hope to see you and your review very soon! Features: Dedicated disabled access and toilets, baby change facility, children's outdoor play equipment and pet friendly.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited twice in March for Sunday lunch , not worth the hassle of cooking when a tasty Sunday lunch is on your doorstep. Recommend the beef was lovely.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Carnivores delight is this place. Proper Handsome Steaks. Been here a few times now and the same food and service. There's a 72 oz steak for the hungry which is free if you can eat it.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We have recently been to the double barrell and found the standards have slipped slightly.. it used to be a restaurant.. now it seems more pub focused.. we had to order our food at the bar.. table service doesn't happen anymore.. batter undercooked and sauces laking flavour.. and chips pure grease.

We have found it to be a little let down as we love the steaks here and the hot plates.

Attention to detail seems to have gone.. maybe having one side as a pub and the other a restaurant.. I'm an animal lover .. but don't want a dog In the same area I'm eating in especially when our bill came to over £60.

2  Thank Minionontravels
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing was expecting a whopping bill but it wasn't anywhere near this. Food was fantastic everything was home made even the chips which you normally find are over chips but not here. Fantastic service and the regulars are very friendly.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I booked a table for twenty guests for my 50th birthday on the 14th March (2018) which fell on a Wednesday, my table was set up for me with balloons at no extra cost, my girls added a few extra. Nothing was too much trouble, I requested my table in a certain area as we are fairly regular customers, and as I booked at least a month in advance this was done for me, I even added extra people and the young lady accommodated with no fuss. The service was good especially as everyone sempt to have a birthday that day,at least four other tables were celebrating. There was a Wednesday special menu that was excellent value, 3 course meal 14.99! We upgraded our steak and it still came in under £20. The food was good, the steaks were excellent and one of my guests is a butcher so he knows his stuff! Overall a big thankyou to the double barrel, they made my birthday special the staff were amazing as they were extremely busy, just sorry I didn’t get the name of our waitress a lovely blond young lady who was amazing, thankyou. Would definitely recommend for a birthday etc or just a meal out, can’t wait for our next visit.