“Wheelchair accessible, pet friendly caravan”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JanJan22...
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Wheelchair accessible, pet friendly caravan”
Reviewed 5 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Wheelchair accessible, pet friendly caravan, situated a few minutes drive from Skegness, the caravan is clean and well equipped, with plenty of room for a wheelchair to manoeuvre, properly adapted shower room with shower chair. We found the caravan to be located on a quiet part of the holiday park, but near to everything, *Our only criticism would be that the holiday passes were NOT included in the rental cost*

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Pauline M...
“A nice caravan and site but I should have researched it better for our circumstances”
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

WE found the caravan pleasant and well thought out for a disabled person that had the use of both arms and upper body strength. The work tops in the kitchen area were at wheelchair height and the bed had not one but two very adequate monkey pole hoists so that the disabled person could get in and out of bed safely. There was a good size shower room with a shower chair that was on wheels and brakes .The table was also good a wheelchair could slide very easily under the table
Our problem was not the caravan but my preparation. I did not research the caravan well enough as it was our first holiday since my partners illness, and I did not speak to the owner prior to booking so I did not realise that the caravan was not really suitable for a person that needs a full hoist and a commode chair. Luckily my partner is starting to stand a little with help but he is very shaky and it is not something I should do on my own. But unfortunately I had to and we did have a couple of disasters but with the help of the owner and a couple of security men we overcame this.. AS I have said it was entirely my fault and not the caravan owners as everything was in place for a wheelchair user that can transfer.
The site was way out of Skegness and It was very expensive for taxis If you have transport it is ok but if not you can feel a little trapped as there is not much to do on the site.
There is a restaurant which is very good and the staff are helpful they have large TVs and sell snacks and drinks during the day. but they had two sets of doors the first is electronic for disabled customers but the inner double doors are heavy and have to be used manually so I had to go in backwards and pull the chair into the doors. The reception area too had heavy wooden doors that I had to put my back to. The entertainment at night was geared up to children and there was nothing for adults. The drink was expensive we paid £9.90 for a pint of larger and a wine spritzer .

It was a nice place but not for us. you need to have children and transport to fully enjoy this site or just want to spend a quite time around the van. We had to buy a week pass to go in to the entertainment and there was no concession because we could not use the swimming pool or other amenities due to my partners condition. But as I said the caravan was good and well thought out any fault was mine for not looking into it better.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space in the caravan for the wheelchair was good and the site was modern and friendly.
Liked least: The entertainment for adults was terrible. and so was the disabled accsess
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
12 Nov 2015
Thank you for your review Pauline, we really appreciate all feedback and we take on board everything that is mentioned to us as this helps us improve what we do. I hope we see you again it was lovely to meet you both.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing