“lovely hotel”

Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts
England, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

stayed for 2 nights with our 2 children,first impressions from outside were amazing,lovely lake,and entrace,reception staff were very friendly,given roon key straight away,room was of average size with 2 double beds,was very clean,and had a lovely view,nice and toastie warm,but only had 2 cups so had to ask for more,we had a lovely stay only downside was that the walls are too thin,we could even hear next door stirring their cups of tea!!! saying that we would most definatly stay again,breakfast was plenty full and staff also excellent

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor. I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the couple of little issues didn’t spoil your time with the family. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Just back from a weekend trip to Southview and not bee dissapointed. The room was very clean and everything worked as it should. Despite the winter weather outside, we were very warm which included the reception and dinning areas. The food was very good at breakfast and evening meal so give it a try. This was our 2nd stay in the hotel and would return again.

Room Tip: If going for a family room, ask for one without a link door to an adjacent room. Could hear our neig...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
I would like to thank you very much for your kind words and we are very happy that you have had a couple of nice stays with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The kids shows were great, and the park grounds were kept in very good condition. We only stayed for three days, and enjoyed our stay despite the poor quality of food, this is an area that really needs to be addressed. The caravan was in good clean condition although they might benefit from a few upgrades like the cooking utensils which were a bit shabby.

I would only go back if the quality of the food improved, both in portion size and choice. Also just a minor consideration was that we could have benefited from a mirror!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Hello Theo and thank you for your feedback. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have invested a lot into improving our menu and offers for the park this year and we have a fantastic selection for 2013. We do check our cutlery and inventory at every check in/change over therefore the quality should be good. Having said that I take your comments on board and will pass them on to the accommodation team for future reference to ensure this is not repeated. Each caravan should come with mirrors and this was a surprise to me but I will also look into it to ensure that this also isn’t repeated. Thank you very much for your feedback and I hope you give us another visit this year and come and try the new menu.
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Nice area good clubs. Drinks maybe a little over priced. Just outside skegness however a bus will come in to the park and it takes you into skegness. Kids shows on at night. Amusement arcade. Swimming pool etc and gym.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank papylon009
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased to inform you that Park Resorts has just negotiated a fantastic new deal with a new brewery and we have changed some products. This means that there has not been any increase in various products including draught beers and cider. In fact some of these are up to 30p cheaper than last year. Once again thanks very much for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The caravan was a 2012 model. You would expect this to be clean and look modern. However nothing could be further from the truth.

All surfaces were covered in grime, the sinks, the mirrors the floors were disgusting. All the cutlery was very old and covered in stains. It looked like someone had been digging in the garden with them. Underneath the bin liner in the bin was old food. And the frying pan was covered in old grease it had turned black.

We booked for a 5 day holiday but my son developed severe diarrhea. We had to leave on the 4th day and he developed a severe sickness bug the next day.

This was due to basic sanitary steps not followed by the park. All the toilets on the park not only looked filthy but the odour was disgusting. The swimming pool was awful, the changing rooms were dirty and there was a scum covering the water in the pool. I took my kids swimming once and never took them again. I was hoping to go on holiday with my partner and children to have a relaxing time. I didn’t expect to go on holiday for one of them to be poorly. I couldn’t wait to get back to work.

The only thing I can say positive about the park is that the grounds are kept immaculate. The hedges are cut nice, the grass is kept short. On first impressions it looks the business. It’s a shame the park doesn’t have the same standards in regards to hygiene.

All the information above was told to the reception staff before we left, I have completed a survey that was sent to me by Park Resorts but I still haven’t received an explanation or apology. As they have not contacted me to resolve my complaint I have left my honest review which is based on facts and not my personal opinion.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bushking
Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in this response. Secondly, I am very disappointed that your stay with us was poor as we pride ourselves on providing fantastic services and facilities. Having said that I would like the opportunity to investigate this further so could you please contact the park at Debbie.lindop@park-resorts.com and provide us with your booking reference number so that I can look into this matter further. Your comments have been taken very seriously and I will complete a full investigation. On a lighter note, I would like to inform you that we have just had a £1m investment into our Swimming pool and changing area therefore the quality will be improving. Thank you for your comments regarding the landscaping and grounds which I will pass on to the maintenance and grounds team.