See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Just got back from a weekend in the Dalways and can't fault the place. Rooms clean, breakfast good and Jan who runs the place is lovely. It is not licensed now so don't expect a bar. Location to the front is through the car park across the road with direct access to the part of the beach dogs can go on all year round. Restrictions on the beach are from 1st May to end 1st September for the rest of the beach. We are already planning on going again later in the year to the Dalyways. Thank you Jan see you again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed for two nights at the Dalyway and was very pleased with the cosiness and cleanliness of the room. It was warm and had everything I needed. I found it peaceful. Jan and Phil were very welcoming and very friendly, what a lovely couple. I would definitely go back and recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on 19th feb found pat the owner to be very friendly on arrival showed us to our room which was bright and airy told us heating had been on and would come back on in evening but if still cold a large heater was supplied in corner of room to use explained to us about breakfast and what time and the fact we had dogs with us if we didn’t want to leave them then we could have breakfast delivered to our room breakfast was a very tasty cooked breakfast along with with cereal toast and fruit juice thanks so much for a comfortable nice stay well worth a look if you have dogs

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We have just arrived home from the worst weekend break ever in this hotel.

From the poor reception from the owner, whose only word were 'breakfast is between 8&9', nothing else no warm welcome or any personality at all.

Was given the key to room 4 and this is were it went absolutely pear shaped, so grab a coffee and feast my list below

1. This is no way a double room, I had to stand on the bed so my partner could walk past me.
2. Towels were filthy, stained and older than gods dog.
3. A black awful quilt cover with clear stains on it, so this was thrown on the floor.
4. The wardrobe was clearly out of a caravan , I have owned a caravan 15 years ago with the same wardrobe.
5. Top of kettle had a crusted dust film over the top of it so had to scrub this clean, cups had also not been cleaned thoroughly.
6. Skirting boards in the bathroom thick with dust and the air vent looked more like an outside drain and worried me about the potential for legionella breeding ground.
7. Carpet from bedroom to shower was thread bare and damaged, general decoration poor and clearly not upgraded since the 2005 award showing on the front of the building.
8. Advertised bathroom accessories are clearly what other visitors had left there, no ironing facilities as advertised and when I asked the guy he looked at me as if I had asked him to lend me a thousand quid.

The good point we was on the first floor so it was easy to get out there quickly.

To the owners - do something to correct the issues, for the £210 I paid and me leaving a day early should clearly start some alarm bells.

Or go and do something else this is clearly not where your strengths are

Room Tip: Avoid room 4
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We booked late as we had terrible experience at another hotel . Met by very friendly staff sorted us out with x 2 lovely rooms nice and clean and comfy just what we needed. Great breakfast all food hot and tasty and plenty to fill us all up ready for the day. Would definitely return good value for money and close to town centre .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family