“Nice but lacking wow factor”
Review of Zada Restaurant

Zada Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 122 Restaurants in Stamford
Price range: USD 3 - USD 22
Description: Meaning "fortunate" in Arabic, Zada is an ode to refinement and luxury. Be charmed by Middle Eastern hospitality as you relax into a crush of satin cushions. Let perfumed incense and fountains brimming with roses charm your sense. Relish the richness of homestyle Turkish dishes and be enchanted by the shadow play of light through beaded lamps. Share stories over mouthfuls of spiced mezza. And, when you can't eat another bite, relinquish yourself to the intensity of the night as belly dancers entice you to revel until dawn.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Shared the mixed starters with friends - lacking in meat for me. Everything nice enough but nothing amazing. Mains were good - I had the aubergine stuffed with lamb, which was huge and tasty. Others enjoyed chicken shish. Everything lacked a bit of spice. Pretty good value, including wine but Mad Turk a better bet.

1  Thank poshnorris

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our booking was for 4 p.m. and it was made very clear that we had to vacate the table by 6 p.m. This became very annoying as it was mentioned so many times during the meal. The food was good. There were four of us. Two arrived first and we said we would have a drink until the others arrived but no-one came back to us to see what we wanted. We eventually asked for a drink and some olives.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
2  Thank Ann643
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

First class. Great Turkish food, friendly and efficient staff who even gave us a great little free desert as it was my birthday. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Frank S
Zada S, General Manager at Zada Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us at Zada.
We hope you will be back to eat with us again the next time you are in Stamford – all the very best.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We really enjoyed this restaurant , it was our first visit and would come again if place down stairs it was a great atmosphere and chairs were comfy staff very friendly,food was good but to much,granddaughter which will be 7 this week loved it just like all off us.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank yvonnepb1958

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I should have trusted my instinct! I called Zada to book a table and got an answerphone message. As instructed I left a reservation request and my number. As I didn't hear back and the day/time we wanted to eat was approaching, I called again to see if the booking had been registered. Was told I had not left a message. Person on the phone was abrupt and advised me he had no tables (before even asking what time I wanted to book). I explained it was for 4pm (on a Saturday) and not an evening slot as this was for an early dinner booking, so he said I could have a table but it was needed back for 6pm. After the call I should have listened to my instinct, called back and cancelled as the staff member’s attitude in that call was exactly what we got at the meal - unwelcoming, rude, abrupt. Myself and my husband were meeting my parents at the restaurant. They arrived first and asked for drinks and olives whilst they waited. Said they got a frosty reception from the waiter. Took ages for the drinks and olives to arrive. Myself and my husband arrived at 4pm to join them. Service was hassly (lost count of the amount of times we were told they needed the table back for 6pm) and snippy, and when we had finished using a glass or plate it was quickly snatched away, as if to hurry us up. 4pm - 6pm is plenty of time to eat a starter and a main meal, and it was hardly peak dining time with a pretty empty restaurant. We knew that’s the time we had been allocated - why keep hassling and hurrying us? Food was fine - pretty much what you would get in any Turkish or Middle Eastern restaurant, but the service was appalling and therefore the meal was not enjoyable. Will NEVER go again and would not recommend this place if you want a warm and welcoming experience! Dreadful customer service.

4  Thank AlinsonF615
Zada S, General Manager at Zada Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe your experience with us and we applogize that we could not make you happy.
As our regular customers knows we are fully booked on Saturdays 2 to 3 weeks in advance. You called us around 1.30 pm asking for a table at 4pm which you were kindly advised that we could offer you a seating at 4pm but the table is only available until 6pm. Please do understand we did not tell you that to make ourselves special or to be rude to you, we did not have any seatings available for after because we were fully booked. Saturday is the busiest day of the week for ourselves.
Then two people from your party came first at 3.55 pm and then you joined them at 4.20 pm. When you came we had to remind you that your reserved the table until 6pm in order to avoid dissapointment in case you do not have enough time to order whatever you like.
Reminding you what time you have the table until, I would not call it rude, it is needed to be clearified after you being late for your reservation.
Everything you order is made fresh and it does take time to be prepared.
If you decide not to come back in our restaurant I will honestly advise you that you will simply miss on amazing meal in one of the top restaurants in the area!