“A hidden gem!”
Review of Windowbox Cafe

Windowbox Cafe
Description: Local high street cafe serving freshly ground coffee, loose leaf teas, cakes, breakfast, brunch and lunch. Simple menu of freshly cooked foods focusing on offering healthy options. Relaxed, friendly and casual ambience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

What a wonderful cafe- the food is delicious, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I can thoroughly recommend The Windowbox, and it totally deserves the excellent rating. Such a hidden gem in Sutton Coldfield, just wish there were more places like this around!

Bobbie K, Owner at Windowbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Lovely of you to say so Lynny- thanks so much! glad you found us, liked us ... and we hope to see you again! ☕️☕️

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Really nice cafe, with lots of seating available. The food choices are really lovely, and I can definitely recommend the toasted banana bread with Greek yoghurt, blueberries and walnuts, it was amazing.

Didn't have my children with me but the kids menu looks perfect for little ones with sensible lunch choices (nice to see something other than chicken nuggets!).

There are also plenty of cakes available, with vegan options available also. They also sell a few select alcoholic drinks, as well as loose leaf tea and some other similar or related products (I got an amazing loose leaf teapot).

I'm a wheelchair user and was able to navigate the shop well, and there is a nice sized disabled toilet, which was easy enough to access.

I will definitely be coming back.

Bobbie K, Owner at Windowbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Paulette! Great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our cafe and liked what we have to offer. Will look forward to welcoming you back! ☕️

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Have been a regular visitor since opening for breakfast and lunch but was left disappointed with my visit today. Visited at lunch time and it was busy, but several tables were covered in dirty plates and cups etc from previous customers. There were staff free at the time and several walked past the tables. We had to ask for our table to be cleared and wiped when we ordered our food and did notice the customers on the next table clearing their own and taking the dirty dishes to the kitchen area. Ordered the chicken skewers which I have previously really enjoyed. Sadly this time the pitta bread was burnt in colour and taste and crispy and the chicken was crispy and overcooked. I do hope this was just a bad day and not a drop in standards as previous visits have been very good.

1  Thank KLS28
Bobbie K, Owner at Windowbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

We are extremely sorry that you left with such a poor impression of us yesterday and hope that as a regular visitor you will know this is not our usual standard. We happened to be extremely short staffed yesterday, with cover staff in and it happened to be an exceptionally busy day. Still, no excuses and we apologise.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I popped in as I was in the vicinity, mid morning on a Friday. I was surprised to see how busy it was. I nearly changed my mind -to find somewhere quieter but the assistant was very welcoming, so I decided to stay. I liked the decor- wooden tables, bare brick etc. My coffee arrived quickly and it was hot and full of flavour. I'd ordered toast too- that was lovely. Thick granary bread with a pot of softened butter. Far better than the usual rock hard foil wrapped pats that accompany toast in many cafés. I enjoyed my visit to the Windowbox and will go again - perhaps sample one of the light lunches next time.

Bobbie K, Owner at Windowbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Lovely to receive your feedback - thank you! glad you decided to stay and enjoyed your visit to our cafe. Hope you like the lunches as much on your next visit! Thanks for posting! ☕️☕️☕️

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I go to window box cafe all the time! It’s a great all rounder good for friends or family trips out, the layout is lovely it’s got a really cool vibe. They do a real range of food, all freshly cooked & good size portions at reasonable prices!
If you haven’t already tried window box you’re missing out!